[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does she mean? Was Lacan redpilled on women?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: lacan-chauvinist.jpg (44KB, 1066x169px) Image search: [Google]
lacan-chauvinist.jpg
44KB, 1066x169px
what does she mean? Was Lacan redpilled on women?
>>
>>9187511
Lacan argued that females could never describe what turns them on/makes them orgasm.

In a way he was echoing Milton in Paradise Lost who describes Eve as being primarily in love with herself, not Adam.

Anyway, French feminists got really butthurt about Lacan's ideas and decided to prove him wrong with "ecriture feminine" (Cixous, Kristeva, and to an extent Irigaray - although she's a bit different and more pro-hetero. IMO they just worked to prove Lacan right.
>>
>>9187622
>Lacan argued that females could never describe what turns them on/makes them orgasm.
Really n-word? Muscles/money?

And can men describe it? Wet taughtness? Smooth jiggliness? Solid, soft, impressive massness?
>>
>>9188082
Men are better at describing what turns women on than women LOL
>>
>>9188100
It's like asking a fish how to catch it.
>>
File: 1472074047256.jpg (2MB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1472074047256.jpg
2MB, 1600x2400px
truth
>>
>>9188120
Analogy is a lower form of argument.

Also, false equivalence.
>>
File: Leopard.jpg (183KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Leopard.jpg
183KB, 500x750px
OP. Any answer written here regarding Lacan and his opinion on the sex (the relation between man and woman does not exist) has a likeliness of 95% to be utterly bullshit because lacanian theory is way to complicated to be pinned down by /lit/ in this fashion. On one hand Lacan was extremely progressive when it came to his belief that genders are like toilet doors: It's only the sign outside that's diffrent. However he made alot of theoretical background upon phallos theory and generalizing the law/language to be in the domain of the father and so on. Be wary with these anwers here. Even this one.
>>
>>9188147
This is funny but also kinda ridiculous. As a guy, I don't like all the women figures there, far from it, especially plump and BBW, what the literal fuck (although who knows, maybe if I refrained from masturbating for a few weeks). Also, women can definitely be sexually attracted to guys who are skinny or somewhat chubby, and not ripped like that guy; in fact, a good deal of women don't necessarily prefer ripped guys, although of course this isn't meant to downplay that ripped guys can also turn women on inordinately.
>>
>>9187622
That's the most faggy shit I've read all day.
>this is what french ""intellectuals"" do all day
>>
>>9188212
>>9188147

You missed the point.
It's not that you, personally don't like BBW or plump women (I do) or that some women prefer skinny guys... The thing is, you'll never have a large community of women claiming and chasing fat guys or skinny guys like some men do, it'll always be isolated individuals and often because they can't have better.

(You'd be suprised how many fat girls feels entitled to a 6" ripped guy even though they're 200lbs and have a lot of guys chasing on them)
>>
>>9188165

for saints have hands that pilgrims hands do touch
>>
>>9188402
>6"
hehehe
>>
>>9188165
>Also, false equivalence.
He didn't say women and fish are equivalent. This would be insanity.
>>
>>9188402
You say that but how many people on here unironically obsess about their "waifus" while not pursuing the mediocre real women that could be attainable to them.
>>
>>9188439
>He didn't say women and fish are equivalent. This would be insanity.
Explain the smell, the slimeyness, the swoardyness, the whaleyness, the blow and puffery, the crabs
>>
>>9188147
What a fucking sad disaster of an image
I'm full metal skeltal mode and both men and women are constantly telling my girlfriend they're going to steal me from her

I also have a thicc manfriend who is highly sought after by women because of his super-charisma
>>
>>9188147
Look, I hate women as much as the next guy, but in my experience, women are way more likely to date based on personality over looks.
>>
File: the thin white duke2.jpg (90KB, 687x1109px) Image search: [Google]
the thin white duke2.jpg
90KB, 687x1109px
>>9188147
explain Bowie
>>
>>9189830
Money and fame.
>>
>>9189830
>explain a tall sleek man with chiseled jaw and features
>>
File: lacanlouvain.png (77KB, 451x303px) Image search: [Google]
lacanlouvain.png
77KB, 451x303px
>>9188147
>>9189782
Yeah Lacan actually argues the exact opposite of this image.
He believes that women given the ability to identify both with the mother and the father have a FAR wider range of possibilities of desire than men do.
Hence his statement "there is no (definitive) Woman"
>>
>>9189886
He sounds like a cuck to be honest with you
>>
>>9188402
>
OK, that makes more sense put in that way, thanks. I can agree with this.
>>
>>9189782
>mistaking wealth for personality

oh fucking dear. Go back to your vagina hat protests
>>
All this broscience and armchair psychology itt my god
Do you people realize theres empirical research on the qualities different groups of women look for in men?
>>
>>9189782
>women are way more likely to date based on personality over looks.

I find it adorable how sheltered and unequivocally wrong you are
>>
File: 131244381-1a.jpg (360KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
131244381-1a.jpg
360KB, 800x658px
>>9189894
Actually despite being a short dork auditioning for a 60s Doctor Who villain, Lacan was known as an uberchad tier womanizer. Its one of the huge centers of feminist criticisms of him
>>
File: 1473811398523.jpg (64KB, 810x611px) Image search: [Google]
1473811398523.jpg
64KB, 810x611px
>>9189910
>its /r9k/ calls a normal person sheltered episode
>>
>>9189913
>Its one of the huge centers of feminist criticisms of him
You need a huge centers of criticism of him over that? Not just a on the short side sentence? The guy liked puss.
>Hmmm... what could it all meannn
>writes 10s of books, revolutionizing philosophy, tomes and volumes, lectures, world wide fame and prestige.
>uberchad tier womanizer
>hmm... lets not focus on any of his writing for a bit, and get some textbooks brewing to get to the bottom of this
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.