[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of intermedia? My school offers it as a minor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What do you think of intermedia? My school offers it as a minor.
>>
Seriously get a STEM degree. Don't waste your money on that shit. Study cultural stuff in your spare time.
>>
>>9187199
Do not listen to this probable troll: >>9187438

If that is a minor then it is not really a waste of time. I am majoring in Math with minors in Comp Sci and Art. I've never heard of Intermedia but that seems interesting.
>>
>>9187438
OP should actually get a degree in whatever he wants to. I do also think that a well-read STEM graduate is the most patrician thing one can be, and I'm actually aiming towards that. But that's just me.

And OP, I don't know about intermedia, but I would recommend reading some book/essay on it and see if it's your thing or not.
>>
>>9187199
Fluxus was really cool. I don't think they produced actual masterpieces, but the whole philosophy behind it was patrician as fuck
>>
>>9187446
Actually, I'm not sure I am in favor of Intermedia.

I am someone who has often had trouble choosing what to study, what to specialize in. I think a program like that would not be beneficial to someone who is already having difficulty tightening their focal area. It may be a waste of time.

In study, sport, and much else I believe there is a point after which becoming too general will hurt you far more than not. Better to have a deeper knowledge of a few things and a general knowledge of many others than to have only a general knowledge of all things.

Of course, I am sure there are people for who it is good for business to look favorably on a degree like this but I am not one of them. Especially with art, it can be good to specialize. I choose a specialty a while ago and have since gotten quite good at it. I am now able to choose whether I want to enter a MFA program with funding. That would not have happened if I did not choose a discipline.
>>
>>9187199
>study of question marks x3
>>
File: Basho_by_Kinkoku_c1820.jpg (42KB, 387x453px) Image search: [Google]
Basho_by_Kinkoku_c1820.jpg
42KB, 387x453px
>>9187438
I'm doing STEM. Environmental science major.

>>9187446
>>9187454
Intermedia is multi-media, a combination of multiple medias. Haiga, an ancient example of intermedia can be seen in pic, combines paint brushing with haiku. But the minor is in experimental intermedia.
>>
>>9187468
>a general knowledge of all things
Intermedia is not about that. It's specifically about the combination and intersection of different media, which is, as you can see, one thing (see >>9187473)
>>
>>9187473
Intermedia and multimedia are different concepts. Multimedia is when you have more than one medium inside one piece of art (and your picture is a good example of this). But the different media remain separate. Intermedia is when media are merging and blending together, in a cross contamination. An example of that is what softwares make possible. Imagine you click with your mouse on words and those words produce different sounds: is that literature or music? It's intermedia.
>>
>>9187478
I'm not sure understanding Intermedia as such drastically changes my opinion about it.
>>
>>9187660
okay
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.