[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1475086664271.jpg (115KB, 550x285px) Image search: [Google]
1475086664271.jpg
115KB, 550x285px
Do there exist any self-help books that are actually good? That is, books that do more than spout seeming truisms every other sentence with weak rational? Perhaps, too, books that aren't merely written by businessmen for businessmen, both with monetary gains in mind.

If there doesn't, are there any other sorts of books that do better what self-help books are trying to accomplish?

(Incidentally, I like pic related, but I'm aware that it's probably mostly bullshit.)
>>
>>9186045
no, stop being a whiny bitch
>>
>>9186050
YEAH!!! What he said >:(
Move along kiddo

(How do I become le ubermensch???)
>>
>>9186045
it just isn't literature, my dear fellow.
>>
>>9186045
Look at it this way, if you're too much of an idiot to find applicable information from all the other things you read over your life that you need a bit obvious "Self Help" section to figure things out then yeah its not going to be ground breaking stuff.
The reason they're shit is because they're for undiscerning minds who want the answers all handed to them in a neat packet rather than using critical thought, theory and facts to direct their decisions
>>
File: 1469965641176.jpg (115KB, 1440x1121px) Image search: [Google]
1469965641176.jpg
115KB, 1440x1121px
>>9186045
>Do there exist any self-help books that are actually good?
Meditations
>>
>>9187274
>>9186045
This.
Meditations
>>
>>9187274
b
o
r
i
n
g

o
u
t
d
a
t
e
d
>>
>>9187294
Plebe spotted
>>
OP, I'll tell you something, the GTD system does work.
But you have to apply it, like ALL of IT for at least a year until you know it well enough to see how you can adapt it.

I think the first mistake people on this board make (and all underachievers around 4chan and the world) is overestimating how intelligent they are.
I do read a lot of philosophy. But there's nothing wrong in using business strategies in your everyday life.
People here don't seem to understand that private everyday benign life =/= the most intelligent thing you'll do.
>>
>>9187303
Yeah, I agree, and I've been incorporating the systems and ideas into my life in the past month. I feel a bit less of a hectic person now. I'm a skeptical person, but GTD seems to "just werk" and I can't be bothered to think too hard about those sorts of issues.
>>
>>9187274
People only read this faggot Guido so they can LARP they're le epic roman dude. Many such cases
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.