[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf I'm gay now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: theiliad.jpg (37KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
theiliad.jpg
37KB, 318x470px
wtf I'm gay now
>>
you were always gay, anon.
>>
ITT: OP is a faggot.
>>
>>9180098
Just completed Book1

I don't get why did Achilles let them take away Briseis? Why didn't he stop them? Just because of Athena?
>>
>>9180216
Mostly because of Athena. The Greeks didn't mess around with their gods, as you will see throughout the book.

But Agamemnon was also his king.
>>
>>9180225
Hmm..Thanks anon.

I should maybe re-read Bernard Knox's brilliant introduction. I think he does talk about something like this.
>>
File: Tha main event.jpg (45KB, 335x499px) Image search: [Google]
Tha main event.jpg
45KB, 335x499px
That and The Odessy are just warm ups for the main event.
Something that was actually intended to be written down.
>>
>>9180216
>mfw Agamemnon let's his daughter be sacrificed without complaint for a favorable wind but won't let one of his war prizes prize go to stop his army from being destroyed by plague.
>>
I guess that's what you get when you read fagles
>>
>>9180355
Kek
>>
>>9180273
Oh boy I cant wait for all the "muh Homer" fags to jump down your throat for this.

Sorry, not sorry. Latin hexameter actually takes skill to write, unlike Greek, which uses δ' and τ' as crutches to make up for poor length/elision. Not to mention the whole correption/synezesis bullshit. I mean at that point, why even bother having metric rules, if you're just gonna shit on them to fix the meter.

Aeneid is a 10/10 masterpiece. Iliad is a 3/10 at best, and Odyssey tops out at 5/10
>>
>>9180273
The poems of Homer are an unequalled monument to human dignity and potential. They are foundational to how we think and live today.

The Aeneid is a very pretty piece of imperial propaganda.
>>
>>9180519
>The poems of Homer are an unequalled monument to human dignity and potential. They are foundational to how we think and live today.
LMAO
>>
File: f65be0e54bb1dedbe2e01457aefa9f5f.jpg (182KB, 736x1185px) Image search: [Google]
f65be0e54bb1dedbe2e01457aefa9f5f.jpg
182KB, 736x1185px
We all just read the first few books and imagined it as an anime in class and then watched the 'Troy' movie with Brad Pitt to get the gist of it.

t. Classics student
>>
>>9180258
It's OK, anon. No need to stutter around me, because I'm a friend of yours.
>>
>>9181370
>then watched the 'Troy' movie with Brad Pitt to get the gist of it.

Triggered
>>
>>9180273
i feel like this deserves an understated no

no
>>
>>9181370
your education sounds like a joke
>>
>>9181370
why is odyseuss a pajeet
>>
>>9180273

mary sue fanfic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.