[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

he's right y'know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

he's right y'know
>>
>>9179276
About?
>>
>>9179276
I bought it. No convince me to read it please.
>>
>>9179507
*now
>>
philosophical pessimism is nothing but a metaphysicalization of world-states that are contingent upon modern economics
>>
>>9179520
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
Such a great title, such a shitty philosophy.
>>
>>9179572
people like Ligotti, Schopenhauer, etc. say that it's "the human condition" that life is suffering. But it simply isn't. The vast majority of people in history and today are happy the majority of the time. This is an obvious fact so they have to make suffering metaphysical rather than a simple correlate of certain very particular neurophysical occurrences. Schopenhauer goes as far as to say that an eternally and necessarily disappointed will is the ground of all reality. Now they can say that all the people who are happy are just "incorrect". Ligotti is a little bit more grounded in reality by talking about self-consciousness but he still engages in lazy self-deception because plenty of people who've made the same realization that Ligotti has--that the "universe" doesn't "care" about us and that we're simple biological machines--are not bothered in the slightest by this.
>>
>>9179612
Agreed. It's weird, because his thesis is basically that life is "malignantly useless", but he focuses exclusively on the useless, rather than why this uselessness is actively bad.

>>9179584
The more I read about it the more I think it may be somewhat intentionally bad. Someone in a different thread brought up the Despair Code, and this book really can be seen as similar. An unfalsifiable metaconspiracy that everything is meaningless.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.