[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reductio ad phallus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: berlin-altes-museum-phallus.jpg (187KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
berlin-altes-museum-phallus.jpg
187KB, 700x466px
Many times, when reading a chronology/genealogy/critique of a person, political movement or idea, I've noticed the essayist (often a person steeped in academia and philosophy) will try to establish a psychosexual etiology of the subject. Most of all when the author is trying to establish an *ultimate* origin or motivations.

Why is this so? Is this a legacy of Freudian psychology? And more important, is it enough? Can really every ultimate motive be explained by sexual impulses? Is there no space for the environment, the human soul, and chance?
>>
nope. in the end, our deepest drive is to secure the continuity of the human race. infact, having an orgasm or giving birth are the only two instances you don't go into survival-mode, even if your life is in danger. which shows that biology values procreation higher than the individuals life. you can hone your character and enlighten your soul all you want. at the roots, you just want to spawn babies. the sooner you acknowledge this, the better you will be able to handle it and guide that drive with reason
>>
>>9179139
Come on man... Reductio ad Phalluatious
>>
>>9179200
What is that guy's drive then?
>>9177885
>>
>>9179139
seriously tho, it's phallacious thinking
>>
>>9179381
it's all good and fancy to entertain thought like that. but when confronted with someone he desires and feeling desired by them, he will drop all that in an instance and suddenly think populating the world with his genes would be the best idea ever.
anyways, ofc there are people who genuinely don't want kids, even if they had the opportunity. i'd call that extreme sublimation and supression. they have issues. maybe they aren't even aware themselfes, but they aren't somehow enlightened beings, they are just in utter denial and in choosen misery
>>
The sexual act and organs are very simple. Unsurprisingly, people who cannot conceive of faculties independent of them are also very bad at thinking, and are forced to rely on them when building arguments that stray from the literal simply because they can barely think of anything else - literal OR figurative - never mind see it in an other's work.
>>
File: apollovssatyr.png (445KB, 494x402px) Image search: [Google]
apollovssatyr.png
445KB, 494x402px
>>9179139
Compare these two statues. The first one is a statue of Apollo, God of music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun, light and knowledge. Basically, God of civilization. The second one is a statue of a satyr. Satyres are companions of Dionysus, God of the vine, grape harvest, winemaking, wine, ritual madness, religious ecstasy, and theatre. Basically, God of procreation.
But anon, are you sure that's Apollo? He's got such a small junk!
Yes he does. Because in order to built cities and culture and civilization, you need to be able to sustain yourself. When you are able to control your ego, that's when you become a real man. Satyr's phallus is a sign of mockery.
You mean to tell me that Michelangelo was gay?
I'd would say so. But probably not a practicing gay. He knew to to hold it though. It's true what Freud said about libido. If you channel your sexual energy into creating, you can build civilizations. A small penis on a statue is a symbol of that.
That's why women aren't capable of greatness. It's pure biology.
>>
>>9179139
Not entirely certain which declension it belongs to, but I imagine 'reductio ad phallum' would be correct Latin. Sounds stupid either way though.
>>
>>9179139
Is it possible an individuals actions are motivated by sex?

The difficulty is then: to what degree is each individuals actions motivated by what degree of sex?

Sure any """"""journalist"""""" (or whatever writer you are speaking of) can say "this person did this because of sex", but who knows if they know, who knows if they are right. The person can deny it, but who knows.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.