[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>>
>>9178746
Yes; will you, though: no.

Also,
>Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky
>>
>Dr Zhivago
>Brief Encounter
>anna BRIDGE ONNA RIVER KWAI!
>A LEAN NIGHT!
>>
Yes.
Read it 3 yrs ago.
Now am studying the RCW
>>
>>9179071
Have you read "A People's Tragedy: The Russian Revolution: 1891-1924", by chance?
>>
An excellent poet, but a poor novelist.
Doctor Zhivago. Detest it. Melodramatic and vilely written. To consider it a masterpiece is an absurd delusion. Pro-Bolshevist, historically false. A sorry thing, clumsy, trivial, melodramatic, with stock situations and trite coincidences.
>>
>>9179134
Not yet, I think it's in my queue of reading.

Right now I have a book on the wars in the Caucasus and a book on Slavic History
>>
>>9179185
you forgot puffed up
>>
File: 1486147075538.jpg (68KB, 557x626px) Image search: [Google]
1486147075538.jpg
68KB, 557x626px
>literally reading CIA propaganda
>>
>>9179185
>Melodramatic
This is what has prevented me for otherwise copping this right away. I usually go through little phases and was looking for some work of historical fiction to accompany Lampedusa's The Leopard, but I guess I'll have to keep looking.
>>
>>9178746
I read it in 7th grade. I think much of the political content and the sexual/marriage/relationship content went way over my head. I remember very little about it except for he left his wife and the opening scene was the funeral for some kid's mother.

On the way to a football game, the college guys coaching our team saw me reading it and thought it was hilarious due to some comedy sketch that I can't find rn. Anyone know what they were talking about?
>>
>>9179552
I think I remember that. It was how to spot a virgin in public, one of the examples was someone reading Dr. Zhivago like a virgin. Think it was an Australian comic.
>>
If you enjoy being utterly crushed by waves of new characters with bullshit long russian names being introduced all the time, sure
>>
>>9180652
> utterly crushed by waves of new characters

Here lies Anon
Who had a heart attack
From reading “Quiet Flows the Don”
>>
>>9178746
Book?
Zhivago.
>>
File: 1488307880541.jpg (76KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1488307880541.jpg
76KB, 500x407px
>>9178746
I tried reading this back in college, but I literally couldn't keep up with the names, so I was forced to drop it after the first few chapters.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.