[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gertrude Stein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Are there any good texts on Gertrude Stein?
I've heard Gass has written about her, and admires her greatly, but not sure what kind of essays he wrote about her.

Gertrude general i guess, if there is such a thing.
>>
>>9175981
>admiring a women writer

Time to throw Gass in the trash
>>
>>9175989
kill yourself

i'm sure there is plenty
>>
>>9175991
I'm looking for essays on her writing, and especially on her autobiography
>>
No one on /lit/ reads Stein?
>>
>be a talentless ugly lesbian tumblrina with rich jewish parents
>hang out in absinthe bars with some trendy modernist hipsters
>become the master pseud by recycling ideas overheard in salon sessions
>use these coattails to immortalize yourself as a 'mentor' of great artists
>produce some of the most boring and uninspired work of the generation
>collaborate with fascist regime and consciously help murder thousands of your own kin
Here's a basic gestalt for you.
>>
>>9176110
She's the most important person in modernism you moron.
>>
>>9176012
Read up on cubism, cuck

Also, she spells it out in Toklas
>>
>>9176118
>arts major diligently repeats what his american/jewish professor told him
Aren't you fags supposed to be taught some critical thinking? She's the quintessential 'I was there too' parasite. Completely useless? No. Mostly so? Definitely.
>>
>>9176140
>I'm such a free thinker
>Jewish conspiracy to breed out whiteness lmao
>>
>>9176140
she bankrolled Picasso dumby
>>
>>9176140
>quintessential 'I was there too'

I keked hard. This is definitely what Gertrude Stein was.
>>
>>9176149
There's no need for any conspiracy, a simple nationality/ethnicity bias plus most artfags' dependence on 'art world consensus' is enough. Stop thinking in memes.
>>
>>9176150
>she bankrolled some great artists
>She's the most important person in modernism
Okay, Mr. Shekelstein.
>>
>>9176120
spells out what?
>>
>>9176164
Picasso isn't a great artist. He's the greatest painter that's ever lived, and he was bankrolled by an artist that influence artists like William Carlos Williams at the same time.
>>
>>9176177
>He's the greatest painter that's ever lived
Chequed and quequed. With that attitude there's no wonder that modern art schools manage to exclusively produce hacks and commercial pomo trash.
>muh primitivism muh deconstruction muh cubism muh innovation
kys yourself
>>
>>9176200
Here are the people you could possibly argue
Van Gogh
Michelangelo
Rembrandt

otherwise no
>>
>>9176177
>autists like William Carlos Williams

fixed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.