[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most boring book since Nicholas Nickleby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Reddit.png (7KB, 395x73px) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.png
7KB, 395x73px
>tfw read no books for over a month because I read one at a time and the brothers Karamazov is so fucking boring
>read less than 150 books in that time

Reading other people wank over how much philosophical / psychological insight this book has reminds me of what a pseudy exercise literature has become.

This book is horrifically boring. I can't bring myself to read and I'm only at about page 130 out of about 700.

Can someone explain what I'm supposed to get out of this? And if the insights are so profound, what are they? A third question: Is enjoyment ever supposed to be involved?

The cherry on top is that almost nobody would be praising this book if it was written today. And if it was written today and self published then nobody would read it and it would be mocked if it was read (>inb4 you dispute this). This shit would not happen in a medium / art form that wasn't close to death or dead. And I know I'll be mocked for using "enjoyment" (the E word) and that wouldn't happen with a healthy medium either.
>>
>>9173855
>it's boring

brainlet
>>
>>9173855
>Can someone explain what I'm supposed to get out of this?
You're too stupid to understand it, that's all. Go read something that you like.
>>
Is this the work of a master baiter, or a shithead who moseyed into /lit/ somehow then decided to try out reading a foundational meme but "just didn't get it"? We'll never know, because either way nobody cares what you have to say.
>>
>Its another I hated a book that everyone else likes so everyone else must be pretending to like the book to look smart episode.
>>
>>9173855
I agree anon, shit was fucking boring
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.