[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

February 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: nigger.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
Post em boys. How many books did your read this month?
>>
None so far, it's only been this month for 7 hours.
>>
>>9173227
Oh shit it's already march. D'oh
>>
>>9173221
>the broom of the system
one of my favorite books
>the crying of lot 49
also pretty good
>the drawing of the three
bad. im considering dropping the dark tower series.
>>
>>9173221
Philip Larkin – High Windows
Dorothy Parker – Enough Rope
Philip Larkin – The Whitsun Weddings
Jean Toomer – Cane
H.D. – Tribute to the Angels
H.D. – The Flowering of the Rod
Elfriede Jelinek – The Piano Teacher
Delmore Schwartz – In Dreams Begin Responsibilities and Other Stories

Get on my level pseuds
>>
>>9173302

>the broom of the system

what's that about famalam?
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 950x1388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 950x1388px
>Men explain things to women (Rebeca Solnit)
Bought it for the keks, but ended up liking a few of the essays in it. Interesting read.

>Patria (Fernando Aramburu)
Spanish novel on the Basque terrorism of ETA in the 80's. I have mixed feelings. The prose is excellent on certain chapters, but the motivations of the characters seem pretty stupid. There were also a few pointless subplots, but overall it was fun to read.

>Don Quixote #1 (Miguel de Cervantes)
A masterpiece. Can't wait to read the second part.

>Agapē Agape (William Gaddis)
My first Gaddis. Found it challenging, but very rewarding, especially since I finished reading the Kreutzer Sonata last month and the ideas were still fresh in my head. I want to read more Gaddis, will tackle JR one of these days...

And that's it. I started Red and Black (Stendhal) a few days ago, loving it so far.
>>
>>9173221
For Marx, Althusser
New York Trilogy, Auster
Collected Poems 1909-1962, Eliot
Three Lives, Stein
Beloved, Morrison
At Swim-Two-Birds, O'Brien
Tractatus, Wittgenstein

>>9173507
>Jean Toomer – Cane
Dope. Haven't read the others bc pseud.
>>
>>9173507
I never heard any of those before. I must be a turbo pleb. Any recommendations?
>>
File: dfw_happy.png (155KB, 301x313px) Image search: [Google]
dfw_happy.png
155KB, 301x313px
>>9173509
Not this Anon but it was DFW's first novel. It's a parody of American academia/literature, pop-cultutre and intimate/familial relationships. If you like DFW you'll probably enjoy it, definitely don't start with DFW there though.
>>
>>9173519
Cane is really good. Not all the stories land but the ones that do really touch you. Fern is my favorite by far.
>>
>>9173520
Philip Larkin's poems I highly recommend because he has that wry british humor and he puts them to verse really well.

Dorothy parker on the other hand has that self effacing american humor which she puts to verse really well.

Jean Toomer's Cane is a collection of stories and poems about the southern states in the us and of the lives of the black people there. It gets really poignant at parts.

The two H.D. books are the latter two parts of a 3 book poetry series called trilogy I would recommend it if you liked mystical and dense poetry.

The Piano teacher is a funny book that'll make your skin crawl

And Delmore Schwartz's book is one I would recommend every one to read.
>>
>>9173532
So the starting point to DFW is still Infinite Jest right?
>>
>>9173562
That or a short story or essay collection. Oblivion or Consider the Lobster are both good.
>>
>>9173221
Immediatism by Hakim Bey
>>
>>9173572
What's that about?
>>
>>9173567
Thanks boss
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.