[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remember reading this series as a kid or teen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Qj3zPqJ[1].jpg (189KB, 1466x892px) Image search: [Google]
Qj3zPqJ[1].jpg
189KB, 1466x892px
Read about 8-9 and never bothered to buy the rest for some reason.
>>
Read the first one. Pretty comfy desu. Thanks for the memory anon.
>>
>>9172858
There was something unsettling about its atmosphere tho, books gave me anxiety
>>
>>9172357
Read the first. It was okay.

There was much better out there, IIRC. Although I loved Eragon so what do I know.
>>
>>9172357
My teacher gifted me The Curse of the Gloamglozer in third grade and she wrote a really nice note inside. I thought it was a great book. I didn't read the rest of the series though.
>>
>>9172357
I bought the first one for 20 cents. Haven't read it yet.
>>
I love the edge chronicles, I've read most of them.

I really enjoyed them as a child and they still hold up pretty well. There's nothing really bad about the writing like Eragon or Harry Potter so they're still readable as an adult.
>>
>>9172357
I only read the first three, although i remember liking them a lot at the time. Makes me wonder if i would like them today.

Anyhow as the other Anon already said, thanks for bringing up the Memories.
>>
>>9173087
this
spooked me tf out
are there any books after the third one
I got mad at how creepy they were and also one scene almost gave me a vore fetish
>>
I liked Beyond the Deepwoods but couldn't get into any of the others
>>
>>9173087
There was some serious shit in them. And of course very graphic since they drew even (especially) the most horrible of it, in that art style that exaggerates human (adult) flaws. To list a few:

-guy with his face melted off
-graphic transformation of pretty girl into fat ugly monster
-lots, lots of blood and swordfighting
-guy falling from miles high to his death, sprawled on the ground
-some ugly demon monster
-noble knight losing his wits and picking off travellers to scrape dust of their severed toes (they drew the toes)
-jelly blob monster sucking the blood out of some old librarian

Shit was hardcore, no problems at all killing off important characters.

>>9174178
That one was my favourite, a bit in the vein of Frankenstein. A running theme in Edge Chronicles is that new ideas which go against our established nature (ie messing with the climate, creating life, industrialism) WILL have severe consequences.
>>
>>9172357
Very good kids book. The art was pretty aesthetic as well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.