[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me Horror Short Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: mimi-1-spiderhat.png (198KB, 753x392px) Image search: [Google]
mimi-1-spiderhat.png
198KB, 753x392px
Hello friends, I am really new to this literature thing, I come from the weebverse and was wondering if you guys could recommend me to some great short stories(if possible things like the one-shots of junji itou) maybe from Lovecraft or Poe
>>
>>9171971
Try lovecraft and/or Poe
>>
>>9171971
I don't know if Poe or Lovecraft really capture the same mad horror of Ito. Ito will twist something that can be seen as good, i.e. Curiosity in 'The Enigma of Amigara Fault' or the spiral in 'Uzumaki'. Lovecraft has two themes in his work, forbidden knowledge, and human insignificance. Poe I can't really comment on because I'm still currently reading, but he seems to be tamer in his plots than both Lovecraft and Ito.

I recommend 'Cold Air', 'Dagon', 'The Terrible Old Man' and 'Whisperer in Darkness' as they're some of my favourites of Lovecraft.
>>
Sandkings by GRRM was pretty damn good.
>>
>>9171971
junji ito
>>
>>9171971
god, I fuckin' hate ito. I never got over the shit of his I read.

The worst thing I've ever read was called something like meatcube? I don't know, and I've never been able to find it again. It made my brain itch the way videodrome did. The only thing I remember is that there's a boy with a mouth instead of a nipple and then another boy fucks the nipple mouth and then gets his dick bitten off. Still not entirely convinced that it wasn't just a dream. That's happened before too.
>>
>>9171971

I know nothing about what's being said, but maybe Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille?
>>
File: p03bj4qv.jpg (191KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p03bj4qv.jpg
191KB, 1200x675px
>>9171971
m r james is the master of the genre
>>
>>9173712
That's not Ito.
>>
>>9175023
I know meatcube isn't ito. I never said it was.
the shit one, and the drill man really fucked me up.
>>
I get shades of Ito in some of Ligotti's stories.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.