[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 90% of the people on this board psueds? Not that I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: average4chanuser.jpg (49KB, 700x491px) Image search: [Google]
average4chanuser.jpg
49KB, 700x491px
Are 90% of the people on this board psueds? Not that I should expect anything of value on this teen book "discussion" board. Maybe I should go to the lit "humor" thread and see a bunch of shitty memes that don't show any depth or proof that the people who made them actually read the books and confirm my suspicion that 75% of the books "discussed" on this forum weren't read at all, just kids reading a short wikipedia summary of a work and thinking they know enough about the book to discuss it. Did reddit and good reads kill this place by being a much better format for this type of thing or did most of the people just realize that just because a site says 18+ doesn't mean that the users are actually 18+ and stop posting here because there's nothing of value in getting called "faggot" by children who can't formulate arguments against yours or come up with an interpretation of a novel that isn't in the Wikipedia article. "oh man I posted a DFW reaction image again!" "hehe I told him to start with the greeks!" "my diary desu!"
>>
my diary desu
>>
File: Tolstoy.jpg (257KB, 800x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Tolstoy.jpg
257KB, 800x1141px
>>9169989
The people visiting this board are mostly very young and are probably just about to find out what they enjoy to read and how to analyze a book.
There's nothing wrong with being a pseud at this stage.
>>
>>9170027
>just about to find out what they enjoy to read and how to analyze a book.

Isn't there a colossal difference between being a pseud and being new to something? OP is probably more referring to all the posturing (and shitposting) on this board than anything.
>>
I am here because I am looking to seriously get into writing, even if it's just subject fiction (though I do have several ideas for novels that do not fit that description), and am gravitating towards threads that would help me in this regard. Right now I'm in a job with long hours that doesn't leave me much time to write, but I've been told there is potential in my work, so I'm hoping next year a new job will leave me with more time to really get going on things.
>>
90% of most things are pseuds, it's par for the course.
>>
>>9170027
Tolstoy sucks. He was a moral slaverapist, you know.
>>
>>9169989

No, I would venture to say 100% of the users of this board are pseuds. I have not read a good post on here since 2013. I still visit because I am also a masochist.
>>
File: 2343123123.jpg (185KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
2343123123.jpg
185KB, 900x900px
>>
>>9170266
Yes, we all read that thread a few days ago.
>>
>>9170027
can I save this picture
it is very nice
>>
File: 1486507707249.png (154KB, 870x820px) Image search: [Google]
1486507707249.png
154KB, 870x820px
Well, I read. (I am an English major!) In fact it would surprise me if anyone on this board isn't actually reading. But I keep seeing this insecurity on /lit/ like nobody reads or reading is some esoteric art.
What's going on? Is it a bunch of low self esteem readers afraid they are not as good readers as they could be?
I would venture 90% of this board are daily readers. Short of being a sociopath, I can't imagine any reason why someone would discuss a book they haven't read online.
>>
>>9169989
>Are 90% of the people on this board psueds?
yes
>>
>>9169989
Well i do not care, as everything that I see and percieve is fake. I doubt reality exists without my mind
>>
>>9171016
I'd have to agree. I think most people on /lit/ do read, or are interested in starting to read. I don't believe there are many "fakers" pretending to have read certain books just to shit-post.
>>
>>9169989
I think you would be more horrified if they were scholars who were using 4chan for memes instead of holding intellektual conversaitions with you and doing so out of their own informed choice. I'll have to say, no, mostly because you crying yourself to sleep is more likely if I do.
>>
>>9171465
Is it just that English types are the most beta, self doubting, mentally unstable, and projecting?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.