[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lord Of The Rings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Morning lads

I want to finally read LoTR but at my school library I found not one, but three books.

Each separated: FoTR, TT, RoTK.

What other books should I read after I finish the main trilogy?
>>
wait, you didn't know it's a trilogy? How out of touch do you have to be.
>>
>>9169716
don't forget to read the hobbit first.
>>
>>9169744
I knew it was a trilogy. I just thought it might all be in one book, a very large book.

>>9169754
Is this integral to the linear plot of LoTR?

What about the Simarillion? Or the Old Books?
>>
>>9169782

Does it really matter how many volumes it comes in? Sometimes the whole story is contained in one, and other times it's split into three. Just read it.

Anyway, the Hobbit and the Silmarillion are totally different works that are separate from LotR. Read those afterward if you enjoyed LotR, but know that they have very different tones.
>>
>>9169782
You can get editions that put it in one volume. That was how Tolkien conceived of it, but given the length of the book it made more sense to break it up. Even within the book there are three parts (the trilogy as we know it) broken into two books apiece.

Just look for a one-volume edition. I did and it feels nice to have the whole story in one package. Plus, it has the appendices, too, so I can reference them at any time from any part of the story.
>>
>>9169716
If you haven't read The Hobbit then read it after you finish LoTR (it's a lighter tale and meant for a younger audience, or at least it reads that way.) Then, you can either go into The Silmarillion or Children of Hurin (either order, some people prefer one over the other, but it really makes no difference). If you want to continue on then you could tackle The History of Middle-earth. Also, Unfinished Tales
>>
don't forget to brush up on your tax policy, the books go surprisingly in depth about taxes. a little boring if you aren't familiar with basic econ tbqh
>>
>>9169716
>>9169912
>reading a meme Trilogy
How about you read an actual fantasy series written by a feminist? You know, like Harry Potter.

J.R.R Tolkien is a straight white male. Don't support cis-male bigotry.
>>
>>9169782
There are some single volume editions, there was a 2004 one for the movies and the 50th anniversary single volume edition, probably both cost around $10 now
>>
>>9169716
After lord of the rings, read children of Hurin. If your still interested, read the silmarilian to become a certified Tolkien lorefag.
>>
>>9169744
It's not. Wasn't written as trilogy, and wasn't released as one in plenty of countries.
>>
File: 1483123477955.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483123477955.png
74KB, 541x566px
>>9169940
>>
>>9169945
2004 was the 50th anniversary edition though
It's an excellent version
>>
>>9171693
Oh my bad then
I just know there was a 50th Anniversary Edition and the one I got which has a Nazgul from the movies on the cover
There are 2 to my knowledge
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.