[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stewing and brewing in my mind since last night.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-01-13-11-20-45-306711694.jpg (12KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-13-11-20-45-306711694.jpg
12KB, 181x279px
There is no denying Mcelroy is a genious. I just finished this and it was one of the most FUN books I have ever read. It was intensely personal and nail bittingly intense. besides the story of Cy in doms apartment and his memories, there are other factors at work, scientific and mathematical factors. these can be totally overlooked but if you pay attention they reveal a mastery of writing that I haven't seen in many authors. he breaks down 30 seconds of time into a 30 word paragraph. things like that could be totally missed without effecting the story. but for those willing to look it's incredibly rewarding. I couldn't put this book down because I wanted to know if Cy would get caught. that hooks you from the beginning and never let's up and you actually get a satisfying conclusion (unlike bullshit like infinite jest). this was my first Mcelroy because I see someone meme about him a lot these days. and the fucking guy is right. McElroy is good. pick up one of his books. anyone who says he's a hack can suck a dick and fight with me here.
>>
>>9169475
So it's a good start, is what you're saying. People here have been recommending I start with his short stories but I kinda want to start with a novel, albeit a shorter one.
>>
>>9169475
i'd like to read his smuggler's bible, but i'm broke atm
>>
>>9169838
I'm not sure because it's the first one I've read. but anyone saying he isn't worth reading is wrong. that I can say for sure. I felt the same way I felt after reading the recognitions, "damn this guy is really good at writing and is very smart".
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.