[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /patrician/ here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: The-confessions.jpg (170KB, 374x599px) Image search: [Google]
The-confessions.jpg
170KB, 374x599px
Who /patrician/ here
>>
File: 1423104091867.jpg (12KB, 285x278px) Image search: [Google]
1423104091867.jpg
12KB, 285x278px
>>9168946
I'm still not done with the Greeks
>>
>>9168979
I didnt even start with them lmao
>>
>>9169017
You're doomed to fail.
>>
>>9169017
You are a failure and not patrician
>>
>>9169017
Neither did I, got sidetracked by Mishima and books about North Korea.
>>
File: IMG_3054.jpg (57KB, 348x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.jpg
57KB, 348x460px
>>9168946
me
>>
>maria boulding translation
>>
Gonna be reading that during Lent.
>>
>>9169021
>>9169023
I'm already familiar with their ideas since I had a philosophy class in HS
I still need to read more obscure greek boys tho
>>
>>9169081
Are you going to church tomorrow?
>>
>>9169086
>I'm already familiar with their ideas since I had a philosophy class in HS
You're already a lost cause.
>>
>>9169087
No. My local church is cucked to Hell and back.
>>
>>9168946
Finished that today. Damn fine read. Should be compulsory for Christians alongside the Bible.
>>
>>9169109
>I'm catholic in the sense I enjoy telling other people what to do, but not in the sense where I follow any rules that may inconvenience myself.
>>
>>9169140
>going to church to hear about how islam is more christianity than christianity and god is really a woman

Literally a house of sin.
>>
>>9169146
Literally a nonexistent experience.

If you're going to lie, at least make it realistic.
>>
>>9169154
Already done in a lot of Protestant churches as a matter of course. Surprised it took that long to spread.
>>
File: book (one of them).jpg (54KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
book (one of them).jpg
54KB, 324x499px
Haven't read Augustine's work yet, but this lady gave me the impression he was a real jerk!

also Paul
>>
>>9169162
Lying? Well if it's moved too slowly, you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>9169098
I will find salvation!
>>
>>9168946
> Not reading the Sheed version.
>>
>>9169133
Meh...the parable of the pear was pretty lame. All the god fellatio was pretty distracting as well. I do appreciate some of the quotable sections such as the ubiquitous -- grant me chastity and continence but not yet ect
>>
>>9169050
Summa -- I know you are but what am I? Another Christian apologetic this time for the fall of Rome. At least boethius had some balls...
>>
i will get it straight after finishing bible. I am in acts of apostles already
>>
>>9168946
AUGUSTINE WAS BLACK
STOP WHITEWASHING HISTORY
AUGUSTINE WAS BLACK
FUCK WYPEPO
>>
>>9169451
>Summa -- I know you are but what am I?
Can you please relate in greater detail how this is in any way the message imparted?

>>9169462
tru
>>
>>9169451
Meaning summary of city of god... implicit meaning is that Augustine argued that Rome fell due to the pagans and not christians. I'll have to crack open my text again since it's been a few years. I remember neither his inaccurate comparisons to other fallen empires nor the circular logic being particularly compelling. However, at the same time I cannot denigrate its cultural impact ... the city of god references pop up time and again in later literature.
>>
>>9169462
That explains the hot bars on chapter 3
>>
>>9168946
>if adult men cried for food like babies we would ridicule them
Woooooaaaah
>>
>>9170026
Did Saint Augustine predict tendies?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.