[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why anyone would consider devoting their lives to literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: rejection_036.png (33KB, 918x395px) Image search: [Google]
rejection_036.png
33KB, 918x395px
Why anyone would consider devoting their lives to literature in 2017 is beyond me. If you don't have connections in the industry you're literally a nobody to these people. The state of contemporary literature is utterly disgusting. I have tried as hard as I can to appeal to these people yet time and time again they reject me without even the slightest acknowledgement of my genius. I have struggled at length, using up a great store of energy and enthusiasm making sure that every sentence is perfect, that each passage is syntactically flawless, that my mode of expression is without fault. Yet they reply like this (pic related). They humiliate me without even considering what effect such a rejection might have on a mind as delicate, sensitive and profound as my own. Disgusting. I can't bear it.
>>
>>9168676
Is this pasta?
>>
>>9168676
>The Dignity of Toil

Okay I laughed
>>
>>9168703
Why? It's a literary reference, and it's meaning is multitudinous.
>>
>>9168709
Lol
>>
>>9168676
Not only I wasted my time reading your post, but I also wasted it by reading that joke of an email.

Fuck yourself
>>
Why try and make a living from your hobby?
>>
>>9168808
You obviously didn't waste sufficient time making sure your post was grammatically correct.
>>
>>9168811
Do you ask that to BMXers, skateboarders, painters, musicians etc? Then why ask it of a literary individual such as myself?
>>
>tfw every joke you've read on /lit/ lately has been by OP, to OP, at OP's own expense
>>
OP are you fucking retarded bro? Why the fuck make up shit like that?

I'm not a writer but do you really have to do something so stupid just to get them to notice you?
>>
>>9168933
>Do you ask that to BMXers, skateboarders, painters, musicians etc?

Yes. In fact I recently convinced my little brother that accepting an Overwatch sponsor was a shitty idea and that he should go back to school.
>>
>>9168676
manifesto-anon?
>>
is this the same weirdo who keeps spamming the good will hunting threads?
>>
>>9168930
English is not my first language. Where did I go wrong?
>>
>>9169015
No period after "fuck yourself."
>>
>>9169015
You went wrong as soon as you turned in the direction of the ovum, you fucking wetback.
>>
File: 201603_1131_bfdcb_sm.png (24KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
201603_1131_bfdcb_sm.png
24KB, 300x255px
>>9169019
>>9169020
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.