[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SQT: Small questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: david-face-760x985.jpg (122KB, 760x985px) Image search: [Google]
david-face-760x985.jpg
122KB, 760x985px
Can we have a stupid questions thread on /lit/?

Could some Latin scholar clarify something with me?

With a word like "concessum", how do I know when to use that as opposed to the other
"concessus", "concessa"?
>>
>>9167560
Not helping with your homework kiddo.
>>
any books that defend narcissism? or that will convince me to do immoral things for money?
>>
>>9167568
not homework, buddo

>>9167571
Aristotle
>>
>>9167576
what should i read from him specifically?
>>
It has always bugged me, why do some people only care to read one book from an author's whole corpus? Like people would only read Paradise Lost, and never bother with anything else from Milton. For me personally, when I encounter an author I really enjoy I read everything he's ever published.

>>9167571
Self help books in general, especially those that businessmen recommend like 48 Laws of Power. There's a reason why its so popular with both Wallstreet and Prison Inmates.
>>
You have to learn latin to know.
>>
>>9167604
More breadth of authors. I'll usually just go over the main works of authors unless they really shock me
>>
>>9167560
as the writer, you'll know exactly which ending to use depending on the context of the sentence or the word it agrees with. you'll have lots of overlaps and that's the joy of learning latin!
>>
now if we're dealing with latin → english, and you're unsure of what it means or how it's being used, 1) study your charts and 2) practice parsing :) happy studying!
>>
what are some books
>>
>>9167560
It's gender agreement. Neuter, feminine and masculine. Adjectives and participles have to agree in gender and number with the noun they modify.
>>
File: log.jpg (120KB, 1148x946px) Image search: [Google]
log.jpg
120KB, 1148x946px
Is he supposed to sound like a crazy new age nutjob with a messiah complex?

This is terrible.
>>
I need a Greek grammar book. Is there something like New Latin Grammar?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.