[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just went to a thrift store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1488243562390-1674122990.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1488243562390-1674122990.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
I think some old /lit/ fucker must have just died.
>>
Nice old RCFs.
>>
>always the same shit
why are you Americans so monotonous, so limited?
>>
>>9167048
here's your (you)
>>
some good stuff

i am a huge Maya Deren
>>
tfw someday all of my books will be in goodwill
>>
can we all just agree charloettes shit is th egreatest book of all time
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 750x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 750x433px
>>9167053
didn't work, what a pity
>>
>>9167056
my thoughts exactly.

All the attention and care I've put into all of this shit and some day I'm going to die and no one is going to care. My landlord is going to find me autoerotically asphyxiated and, if I'm lucky, he'll give it all to goodwill but more likely he'll just throw it away.
>>
>>9167094
>My landlord is going to find me autoerotically asphyxiated
kek
>>
>>9167034
You know you've got two End of the Roads by John Barth there?
>>
>>9167034

Found In Search of Lost Time for 4 dollars at Goodwill.
>>
>>9167112
The way they price it, It's 90% off the retail price, so the mass market paperback was 9 cents.
>>
>>9167120
I found myself for 6 dollars at a Goodwill
>>
>>9167124
So how much was the stack total?
>>
>>9167034
Good job getting Barth's two(/three) best fictions, with TSWFactor and TEotRoad (TFOpera is good too though). You better start a discussion thread once you're done
>>
>>9167181
Uh, like $12
>>
>>9167185
I'm finishing up gravity's rainbow right now. I was thinking of doing hopscotch next.

The end of the road looks pretty short though, so I might just power through that in a few days.
>>
>>9167197
Do it. Very fun novel. If I recall it's prob only ~170 pages and has relatively large font, and commensurately small pages (in the edition I read).

Jacob Horner is probably one of my favourite characters ever, perfect blend of acerbic, douchebag-ey, and genuine/sincere. Also the novel is funny. Plus it gives you a good taste for the cleverness/wittiness that you can expect in TSWF. The Doctor-Jacob interactions are a particular highlight(s) in this book.

Sorry to autism-ramble, I just really like Barth.
>>
>>9167034
Is it just me, or does anyone get a weird visual effect where books look like they're going to fall away from each other?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.