[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Abercrombie trilogy.jpg (13KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
Abercrombie trilogy.jpg
13KB, 193x261px
has /lit read The First Law?

I'd like to know what you think about Joe Abercrombie and he's fiction.
>>
>>9166975
its liking having shit smeared on paper
>>
>>9167002>
>>9167002
I really enjoyed the characters, especially Cosca and Glokta. What is it that you dislike to much? except that it is influenced so much by homer.
>>
File: jCWoLOS.png (361KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
jCWoLOS.png
361KB, 512x384px
Anymore insight?

I really did enjoy this trilogy
>>
>>9166975
Started Blade Itself recently. I'm of two minds so far. Hope the setting feels less bland soon. Liking some of the characters quite a lot so far.
>>
I've actually found myself coming back to it lately? Seems like everyone and their dog has been trying to subvert or deconstruct all the trite tropes of fantasy, and now it really does all come down to execution. I feel like abercrombie did a fantastic job playing with expectations, maintaining a consistent and entertaining tone, and actually provoking a thought or two every now and then.

I'll also always appreciate the fact that the sage old plot-driving magician is a manipulative megalomaniac asahole. That was just a solid move.
>>
>>9166975
I really enjoyed The First Law. IMO the second book was the best, due to the interactions of the character, in the main group and Gloktas solo mission, although that story felt eerily similar to Tyrions plot line in A Clash of Kings. Story<World<Characters
>>
The story isn't great but the characters were amazing.

If he could nail a good story and couple it with such characters then he'd be a great.

/Thread.
>>
>>9166975
He makes an interesting twist of the traditional good wizard fights bad wizard plot used in low fantasy. His characters are enjoyable and his prose style makes excellent use of joviality as a tool to amplify the grim undertones of his stories. I would highly recommend that you read his other works, particularly "Best Served Cold" and "Heroes".
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.