[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I overcome going mad over trying to reconcile reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1488161422795.jpg (44KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
1488161422795.jpg
44KB, 480x716px
How do I overcome going mad over trying to reconcile reading as much as I can of as much as I want and knowing it is nearly impossible to do so while having a job, relationships, etc?
>>
Straighten out your priorities, quit your job, ditch the slags and get on with it.
>>
I have this same problem, I started studying engineering last month and I haven't read a single book since. I plan on reading in between trips(I only take the bus).

If I read at home I feel I'm loosing time in my studies and it's unbearable.
>>
>>9166766
>yet u have time for the internet
etc. etc.
>>
That pic makes me laugh every time.
>>
>>9166745
Read less
>>
Today I read pretty like for 3 hours or more and I only read 50 pages
At least the fact that most people dont read anything close to that in months makes me feel a little better
But do I have to show for it? Nothing, while other people are getting their dicks sucked and degrees that will make them rich
Whatever, man, life is fucking bonkers and there isnt nothing we can do about it, unless you go full Hitler or something
>>
>>9167005
life is bonkers;
others are bonking.
the only solution?
to give jewish noses a honking
>>
>>9166745
What if extremely intelligent aliens came to Earth, and 'easily perfectly learned our language' (like they were just this capable and easily able of fathom) and then they were given Ulysses and FW, like...what do you think would happen? I guess same question but to like AI like Watson and/or Deepmind, AI as powerful as 1000 watsons connected to 1000 deepminds, "know the English language and its possibilities and meanings better than then 5 times the totality of number of humans to exist did", what might they make of it? probably nothing right.

This question is more important, interesting, realistic, and ongoing, in a field like science and engineering, what would happen if you for instance game 'super computers like above mentioned' and gave them 'all possible elements/molecules' and 'all possible laws of physics and parameters and details and dimensions for them', and said "compute all possible orientations and manifestations and possibilities of matters and their momentous and monumentous protocolacular movements"

Then there was light, and he saw that the light was Of The Good
>>
>>9166745
I've never read Joyce but is that really how he writes?
>>
>>9166766
You're probably a fucking mechanical engineer. If you weren't, you'd be proud of your field and post it. Finish your triple integrals and CAD assignments instead of whining about how hard your life is, and you'll have plenty of time to read your genreshit
>>
>>9167357

That's a particularly weird example but yes expect a lot of that sort of cheeky incomprehensiblity with underlying sense to it (that word is a composite of different languages' words for "thunder") when you read Joyce.
>>
>>9167445
Joyce is just a closet fagot that tries to be "XD so quirky xP"
>>
Just read a synopsis and a couple of critical essays and move on. Do engineers read every paper of mathematics and physics before building a building? Of course not. No one reads books anymore.
>>
>>9167357
The trick to reading Joyce is to read him in order. Unlike someone like Woolf who kind of had an arc with how experimental her writings were, Joyce was basically a straight line up from Dubliners to the Wake. I'd recommend starting with Dubliners, then Portrait of the Artist, then Ulysses, then Finnegans Wake.

You get as much out of Joyce as you put in. If you're willing to go to the lengths required to understand every word or phrase that seem to make no sense at first, he's very rewarding. If not, you get >>9167501
>>
Bumpumparampakekaroodmootdammerrungengabamplamprampakonumplelinwaltaolafootcenootaump!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.