[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Lit think of manga and Japanese light novels? Can they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

What does Lit think of manga and Japanese light novels? Can they be considered serious works of literature?
>>
>>9166645
Kill yourself, loser

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>9166659
Nice input faggot. I never said i liked this stuff. I just wanted some lit expert opinions
>>
My guess is that they are called light novels so that they're not taken as serious works of literature.
>>
>>9166667
And you got it. Now go rinse out your piss-bottles
>>
THEY ARE SERIOUS LITERATURE

Read the Manga Bible
>>
>>9166645
Comics are great. Light novels are shit I'm guessing, never actually read any. Comics can be very serious works, though they are not literature. It's a forum unto itself. Please stop posting this.
>>
One Piece is pretty cool actually, it has a positive life message. I feel like most literature focuses too much on the negative.
Makes me think, what is some good literature with an overall positive message? Count of Monte Cristo is an example maybe (forgiveness etc.)
>>
>>9166645
The only anime with any value as a piece is Legend of Galactic Heroes, and thats bassically just a book with animated accompianment.
>>
They can be great works of art but they're not literature. I'd say they're more akin to cinema than literature, as it's an art based upon (mentally constructed) motion, rather than the written word. You can have comics/manga without dialogue, but not without the visuals.

Anyone wanna rec some cool ero guro manga though?
>>
File: 1488144050514.jpg (752KB, 990x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1488144050514.jpg
752KB, 990x1342px
manga are just comics you read from right to left, so it makes no sense it saying they are literature

light novels are basically pulp novels (or more recently YA stuff), with all the pros and cons, if you dont count on the unique brand of sheer insanity japanese media brings to the table
>>
File: 1487388688981.jpg (20KB, 388x568px) Image search: [Google]
1487388688981.jpg
20KB, 388x568px
>>9166678
>>
File: irakoyuu.jpg (772KB, 1640x1200px) Image search: [Google]
irakoyuu.jpg
772KB, 1640x1200px
What is the most /lit/ manga and why is it Shigurui? Flowers of Evil apologists can leave
>>
>>9166861
Or as an alternative, what is the most pomo manga and why is it Ultra Heaven?
>>
>>9166645
They're about as good as western comics (graphic novels): not good at all. They suffer from nearly all the same faults, which you can read in another thread already in the catalog.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.