[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see your bookshelves and I wonder how many of the books on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: batman-bookshelf-975x731.jpg (54KB, 975x731px) Image search: [Google]
batman-bookshelf-975x731.jpg
54KB, 975x731px
I see your bookshelves and I wonder how many of the books on your shelves have you read? Do you read each book before you shelf it, or are you in a constant state of having read a percentage while acquiring more at a steady rate?
Just curious what your system is, if you even have one.
I know a few people in real life who seemingly buy books for their ornamental value and to make a nice background for their instagram selfies.
>>
>>9165751
every book I read I buy 30.
>>
>>9165751
I like to 'buy ahead' so that I always have another new book to read on my shelf, so a good number of books on my shelf haven't been read yet.
>>
I've read all of them and finished none of them.
>>
I'm addicted to buying books I'm interested in, for the prospect of reading and absorbing them in the future. I don't have any friends so I don't buy books to style on anyone.
>>
>>9165751
I'd have a very messy house if I refused to shelve anything I haven't read. Especially since some I'll never "read" all the way through, like anthologies and reference books.

I tend to have about 70% of the books on my bookshelves read at any time, and of the 30% unread, about 10% are half-read or reference stuff.

It stays around that level, since I'll usually read a dozen books a month and buy about 200 a year.
>>
i've read all my books, save a couple things from anthologies or reference books. i tend to buy new books as i feel like it so there's usually a pile of 'current reads' on my desk.

my bigger issue is making space for everything, i'm out of shelf space and can't add more.

>>9165791
>I don't have any friends so I don't buy books to style on anyone
same
>>
>>9165791
This is me.
>>
>>9165751

My shelves are full of books I'm either yet to read or the ones I loved so much that I reread them. The books I don't intend to read again go in boxes that in turn go in the attic. After a while I have a look in those boxes again and give the worst ones to charity.
>>
>>9165751
My bookshelf is full of classics I pick up from various free bins I probably pick up 10 for every one I read. Most things I read come from the library. I pick up the books on my shelf because I know I should read them and they are free.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.