[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Exit, pursued by a bear what did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (4KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 198x254px
>Exit, pursued by a bear

what did he mean by this?
>>
>not exeunt
>>
>>9162506
the stage direction is "exit," nerd

Exeunt is only used if there's more than one actor
>>
File: 413151.jpg (42KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
413151.jpg
42KB, 500x258px
What did he mean by THIS?
>>
>>9162535
I actually learned something on /lit/ today.

The first seal has been broken.
>>
>>9162582
>O suck
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
He was funnin on all that Elisha shit goin down on the God's such a Meany thread still current yesterday.
>>
>>9162608
tru... tru
>>
File: doesgodstayinheaven.jpg (53KB, 306x437px) Image search: [Google]
doesgodstayinheaven.jpg
53KB, 306x437px
>>9162594
>O succ
memes have killed literature
>>
lolsorandom the playwright
>>
For the story to work out Perdita has to be raised by the shepard, someone who doesn't know of her royal birth. Thus the bear provides an easy way to knock off Antigonus. Plus, it may be his last full play that he published so maybe he was just having fun with it.

Also: a professor noted once that the theaters that were used to perform plays were also used for "bear-baiting" when plays weren't being performed.
>>
>>9165121
Is that fucking real? Translating the bard into digital slang is literally an exercise my seventh grade english teacher let us do. I say "let" because it was one of the options, and seeing such a notion committed to record made me seethe and nauseate, even as an eleven-year-old proto-pseud
>>
>>9166130
your teacher probably went on to publish emoji Shakespeare after compiling year after year these assignments

Genius! is this how you break into the young adult market? Plagiarizing literal preteens?
>>
>>9166107
Antigonus was going back to Sicilia, the intention was to leave Perdita to die. Antigonus was never going to raise Perdita, there's nothing in the text to suggest as much. He was about to get back on the ship before it crashed. The bear is totally unnecessary.

In the next scene Time could have been like "Oh yeah Antigonus got on the ship and it sunk" but instead Shakespeare has Antigonus see the sink and then get mauled by a bear. Why?
>>
>>9165121
I'm generally against book burning but these sort of translations are cultural sacrilege
>>
File: This dogsbody.jpg (538KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
This dogsbody.jpg
538KB, 1000x750px
>Monster, I do smell all horse piss, at which my nose is in great indignation.

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9166407
Caliban stinks
>>
>>9166606
why the word "all" tho
>>
>>9166606
Actually Trinculo is talking about himself, Caliban led them all into a swamp (they're all drunk). I wasn't really asking though
>>
>>9166663
Likely connotes 'nothing but'
>>
>>9166198
the globe probably had access to a bear so Shakespeare thought, why the fuck not?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.