[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discworld Reading Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: discworld map.jpg (132KB, 1011x1023px) Image search: [Google]
discworld map.jpg
132KB, 1011x1023px
https://discord.gg/HYNzhVv

Discworld's probably the comfiest fantasy series out there, right up there with Lord of the Rings. I don't think enough of /lit/ has taken the time out of their ***patrician reading schedule*** that they should to check it out, so I figured I'd start this reading group.

We'll be starting with Wyrd Sisters. It introduces a lot of unfamiliar concepts and characters of Discworld with a familiar story: it's a lampoon of Macbeth. From there, we'll read Guards, Guards!, Pyramids, Moving Pictures, and Reaper Man. This is so we can go back and read the first five books of the series more comfortably: they're great novels, but they're very much Pratchett's juvenalia and as a newcomer they're not the best entrance into the Discworld series. After that, we'll more or less read the series in order of publication supplemented with short stories and other media.

Alternatively, we could just go in order of publication and see how Pratchett's writing style and taste evolves over the course of those first 10-12 books, but seeing as I'm really trying to turn you guys onto Discworld I wouldn't recommend that. It's up to you guys, really. I have reading schedules for Wyrd Sisters and The Colour of Magic (the first published novel) planned whichever one you guys choose.

One final thing: We'll be taking periodic week-long breaks so you guys can digest other books, but these weeks will have supplemental material, as I mentioned before.
>>
>>9161283
Kill yourself
>>
What the fuck is with all these discords? Why do we need fucking chatrooms to talk about books?
>>
>reading fiction
>2017
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 640x469px
make it stop MAKE IT STOP
>>
kill yourself
>>
File: WhichDante.png (2MB, 2000x7594px) Image search: [Google]
WhichDante.png
2MB, 2000x7594px
why is this fucking chart not fucking updated yet fuck
>>
kill your self
>>
File: 645730.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
645730.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
try reddit instead
>>
killl yourself
>>
Why would you dedicate this much time and effort into something that shouldn't be given any thought at all once you hit 16? Or are you indeed underage.
>>
File: black square.jpg (105KB, 800x803px) Image search: [Google]
black square.jpg
105KB, 800x803px
be my e-gf
>>
I like Pratchett, but what the hell are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Granted it triggered all the autistic pseuds wonderfully, but there's little to actually discuss about his work.
>>
kill yourself my man
>>
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOUGHGHOGHAAAOOOOOGOGEEEEO OEOJAPA P AP AO O O O O O O O O
>>
kill yourself my family member
>>
LIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GODLIKE A STRAY HAIR IN THE MOUTH OF GOD
>>
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide.
Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/c/camus_albert.html#DV5cgFlwRwtUjJDi.99
>>
please leave forever
>>
discworld is fun and all, but why the discord?
>>
>>9161438
Birth is the same philosophical problem, if you think about it.
>>
>>9161297
/threads
>>
>>9161453

kill yourself along with OP
>>
>>9161451
OP here. It's a reading group, so like the Inferno reading group or the Ulysses one, we'll read pages/chapters based on a schedule and discuss it in the Discord. It also allows people to quickly and easily ask questions while reading.
>>
>>9161478

kill
>>
>>9161478

you'reself
>>
>>9161478
kill yourself mate :)
>>
>>9161478

kill yourself my mane
>>
>chantards looking down their nose at discworld.
>>
kill yourself my spaghettio
>>
>>9161478
And lose people at an exponential rate like everytime this is attempted?
>>
>>9161571
The Ulysses reading group went amazingly well this past summer.
>>
F
>>
>>9161409
E-Ezra?
>>
kill yourself
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.