[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you hold books? Are you constantly switching positions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

How do you hold books? Are you constantly switching positions around? do you worry about getting fingerprints on the covers?
>>
I hold the book open with both hands, at middle height, thumbs in the margins, not further in, so I don't get ink on them. When I get lazy, I go one-handed, with my thumb on the left page, and my pinky on the right.
>>
>>9161043
i switched to an ereader for this reason and i just keep it on my lap without having to hold it open
>>
>>9161100
How do you like it? I've been throwing the idea of getting one around but idk.
>>
>>9161043
fingerprints on the covers? what in the fuck? no! i don't give a shit as long as some douchebag hasn't written in a book. otherwise i've read water damaged books, books with unidentified clumps of human excretia, books that have been chewed by dogs, etc. jesus fucking christ, fingerprints. and of course there is a cycle of positions that a book goes through. without question a book cannot truly be read unless it has lain open on the bedside table, leaves down, so the pages fold at angles before they reach the binding of the book. otherwise the process of reading shant be completed by your or anyone's hand.
>>
>>9161502
you are a filthy mongoloid

never talk to me or my wife's son ever again
>>
File: yourbrainvsmybrain.jpg (679KB, 3012x2784px) Image search: [Google]
yourbrainvsmybrain.jpg
679KB, 3012x2784px
>>9161509
>never talk to me or my wife's son ever again

o i am laffin, I'm stealing the fuck outta that joke
>>
I read books from my 73" monitor so technically I dont hold them
>>
Fingerprints don't matter, I'm eating cheetos all the time when reading.
>>
File: bait.png (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>9161554
>>
like it's first and goal nigga
>>
>>9161576
I'm saying you're a buffoon to think you're the only one who references specific authors on this board. Perhaps consider that people are referencing works you haven't read? Not every quote needs to take the form of
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." - Tupac Shakur
>>
>>9161527
whats the castles in the sand bit a reference to?
>>
>>9161586
"A castle in the sand" is an english language idiom used to describe an improperly built or unsustainable philosophy or idea. The point being that sand is a horrible foundation for something as weighty as a castle

If you want, it's a reference to that Hendrix song. I didn't make that MS paint bullshit, I saved it from a thread on /lit/ that 404's years ago because I thought it was funny. Great thing about 4chan, you don't need to cite sources
>>
>>9161043
If it's a small enough book I'll hold it like in the OP. If not, I'll generally change my grip around from hands on both ends, both hands on bottom, one hand on top one on bottom, one on bottom one on side, etc.

I always, ALWAYS take the dust jackets off while I'm reading. I hate them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.