[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>of course I've read Infinite Jest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 14

File: M9hF2kA.jpg (534KB, 2136x3216px) Image search: [Google]
M9hF2kA.jpg
534KB, 2136x3216px
>of course I've read Infinite Jest
>>
File: masamune.jpg (192KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
masamune.jpg
192KB, 1032x774px
>Infinite Jest is the kind of book only pseudointellectuals could pretend to enjoy. I prefer the timeless works of J K Rowling and George R R Martin, authors who provide valuable lessons among well-written material.
>>
File: 1471683169899.jpg (46KB, 512x579px) Image search: [Google]
1471683169899.jpg
46KB, 512x579px
>I've never read John Green
>>
File: bunfedora.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
bunfedora.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
>John Green is my role model
>>
>>9160812
>>9160774
>>9160758
Why is it always a fedora and a suit? Why do these people think that wearing those will instantly turn them into lady killing, classy masters? Why is that such a common trend?
>>
File: justthetip.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
justthetip.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>9160850
*watches casablance once*
>>
File: shit poetry.jpg (12KB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
shit poetry.jpg
12KB, 250x326px
>>9160758
Ugly people shouldn't be allowed to be poets, they don't share the experience of the common man.

Picrelated is a poem by the fat neckbeard in the OP. Read it, and imagine what type of disgusting cow he's talking about when he discusses the 'outline of her lips.' His experience is not worthwhile
>>
>>9160953
he's probably just personifying the leftover cheesecake he fell asleep eating the night before
>>
>>9160850
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>9160850
Romantic ideals of last century's definition of masculinity and desire to exist in a time which never really existed?
An intentional distancing of oneself from the increasingly casual world in an attempt to convince themselves they've made the choice to be excluded?
Vaguely classist (read: silly, reductive, and backward-thinking) beliefs about establishing superiority through one's presentation of self because all other avenues of doing so have or clearly would lead to failure?
>>
File: turturroasbarton.jpg (115KB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
turturroasbarton.jpg
115KB, 1280x696px
>>9160953
>muh common man

Got us a real big literary Jewboy over'ere, eh?
>>
File: 1488128183305.jpg (37KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1488128183305.jpg
37KB, 500x611px
>>9160993
>Romantic ideals of last century's definition of masculinity and desire to exist in a time which never really existed?
>An intentional distancing of oneself from the increasingly casual world in an attempt to convince themselves they've made the choice to be excluded?
>Vaguely classist (read: silly, reductive, and backward-thinking) beliefs about establishing superiority through one's presentation of self because all other avenues of doing so have or clearly would lead to failure?
>>
i threw away my copy of infinite jest, am i cool now
>>
>>9161002
I mean regular people faggot, get out of here with your Coensteinbergs
>>
File: gabebyrne.jpg (34KB, 575x324px) Image search: [Google]
gabebyrne.jpg
34KB, 575x324px
>>9161036
Yes, that's "common man" with different wording.

"They don't share the experience of the common man." = "They don't share the experience of the regular people." Although the latter is not syntactically tight as the former. You're still at the level of Barton, who thinks he must "relate to the common man" (read: write to the lowest common denominator) in order to be a "recognized genius."

Also, are you really one of those "redpilled" shit guzzlers who ignore certain films because they're created by Jewish artists?
>>
>>9161053
>films
sorry, this board is for art, not moving pictures for the sub-100 IQ morons
>>
File: 1488129044742.jpg (54KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1488129044742.jpg
54KB, 530x530px
>>9161053
>Yes, that's "common man" with different wording.
>"They don't share the experience of the common man." = "They don't share the experience of the regular people." Although the latter is not syntactically tight as the former. You're still at the level of Barton, who thinks he must "relate to the common man" (read: write to the lowest common denominator) in order to be a "recognized genius."
>Also, are you really one of those "redpilled" shit guzzlers who ignore certain films because they're created by Jewish artists?
>>
>>9161053
nah, I am a regular person, I don't think I'm apart from them like Barton, you dumb fuck. I was saying that Shane Koyczan's fatman experience isn't the same as normal-sized people with average looks, so his poetry is necessarily non-applicable. I'm not represented by his poetry because any time he speaks about romantic affairs, I can't help but picture his morbidly obese, diabetic cheese body flopping around with a similarly obese cow that he managed to wrangle. Not that you even know who I'm talking about
>>
File: sanic2.jpg (134KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
sanic2.jpg
134KB, 960x686px
>>9161097
You are a "regular person," yet you make it your vocation to represent them (the idea of "regular people" that takes precedence over the idea of "yourself") through poetry. You also decide who gets to be a "regular person."

Yea, that's totally different from Barton's plebo-mania. Keep up the critical good fight Harold

>>9161073
Keep doing this, I like it
>>
>>9161120
>You are a "regular person," yet you make it your vocation to represent them (the idea of "regular people" that takes precedence over the idea of "yourself") through poetry. You also decide who gets to be a "regular person."
>Yea, that's totally different from Barton's plebo-mania. Keep up the critical good fight Harold
>Keep doing this, I like it
>>
>>9161120
nice sonic the hedgehog cartoon, you disgusting cretin. Read a book
>>
>>9161120
>he's mad because he's fat
>>
>>9161159
Neither mad, nor fat. I am a manlet (only slightly taller than Bruce Lee or Tom Cruise), but only weigh 128 which is normal for my height. My neck is very beardy at this moment, however
>>
>>9161203
hahaha that's even worse. At least if you were fat you could lose the weight
>>
>>9161248
>says the virgin

I don't have a problem with my height, there are plenty of shorter women out there. The average woman in Clapistan (my nation-state of residence) is 5'4. Now, if I were to live in Scandinavia, I might encounter some problems. Although when I went to Denmark I more or less had to wade through moist vagina to buy a pack of smokes, but I'm guessing the Danes are shorter than the Swedes or Norwegians based on nothing but anecdotal experience
>>
>>9161248
He can still get limb-lengthening surgery. Me personally, I will begin to save up so I can have it eventually as I'm a manlet myself.
>>
>>9161272
>I don't have a problem with my height
>replies to a random epic trolle with coolstories
>>
>>9161272

you seem to protest quite an awful lot for someone who is fine with their height. Also, you don't wade through moist vagina, you fuck it, virgin
>>
Fedoras don't like infinite jest. Nice guy pseudointillectuals like infinite jest.
>>
>of course I read books other than the Bible
>>
>>9161288
If I want smokes, I will buy them, regardless of how many naked women throw themselves at my feet. I may then have sex, if it pleases me to do so. I do not stop what I am doing for the sake of sex as you, the desperate virgin or wild party-boy (it is the same mindset), do.
>>
>>9161407
>naked women throw themselves at my feet
The more you post the clearer it becomes just how extremely confident and sexually active you are, fampai. Please go on.
>>
>>9161407
keep going anon, give us more ruminations of your most virile and no doubt factual life events. Everybody believes you
>>
>>9161290
True

t. nice guy pseud
>>
>>9161444
>>9161467
>thinking that "naked women at my feet" comment is anything other than hyperbole

Have they ceased teaching reading comprehension in school, or did you all just not go?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.