[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is he a constant consideration for the Nobel Prize? Total

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: HarukiMurakami.png (210KB, 381x313px) Image search: [Google]
HarukiMurakami.png
210KB, 381x313px
How is he a constant consideration for the Nobel Prize? Total amateur imo. What does /lit think?
>>
>>9160728
I'll create at least 5 threads a day every day for more than a month if the winner isn't a white male.

Literally preparing pastas already
>>
op here, i'm asian.
>>
Who gives a fuck about the nobel Prize anyway? Last decent writer to win was Doris lessing.
>>
He is a constant consideration, because his writing style is so unique. There are no other authors on the planet that write in his style. When you're reading one of his books, you know it. It couldn't be anyone else but him.
>>
>>9160728
>Total amateur imo.
>amateur
>calling a professional writer an amateur
>thinks the what amateur has anything to do with skill
>>
>>9160799
op here, Can you elaborate on this unique style of his? I know that he writes in shitty English then translates into Japanese, then I get to read the shittier English translation of this abomination. Maybe it's better in Japanese, I don't know. Ironically, I find his writing style extremely similar to mine, which kind of makes me hate myself. The whole time I read his books I take note of how he writes and tell myself never to write like that ever again. In that sense I have him to thank for.

let's compare him to other great writers with similar theme
dosto? master, one of the best
kafka? extremely unique style
camus? sartre? salinger? hesse? beckett? all great. never have i ever had a letdown and overexpectation this profound.
look at his new book starting with a sex scene, really? a sex scene? next thing you know he's going to write about trump and the danger of 1984 and brave new world. oh wait he already did.

i guess im just pissed that 1q84 wasted so much of my time, i kept thinking that there's going to be a twist or something of actual merit. but no. it's like atlas shrugged, similar length, similar popularity, cept this is actually bad. we all know the only reason he sells, autistic era, alienation hottest topic, and nobody writes about it, except him, murafuckme.

>>9160809
taking it literally. very lit of you.
>>
File: 1475071443724.jpg (484KB, 1419x906px) Image search: [Google]
1475071443724.jpg
484KB, 1419x906px
>>9160728
Did last year not prove beyond doubt that the award is a joke? It's the literary equivalent of Oscars.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.