[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain something to me. Does reaching the level of cervantes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hitler-youth-haircut-tumblr-i3.png (184KB, 354x407px) Image search: [Google]
hitler-youth-haircut-tumblr-i3.png
184KB, 354x407px
Explain something to me.

Does reaching the level of cervantes and shakespeare is really hard or is actually humans who are pretty mediocre on average?
>>
what a pointless question, how can you judge a human activity by anything other than human standards
>>
>>9160589
It's been bothering me latelly.

whenever I see a genius writing, I see it as a mere mortal, who is a skilled writer, but still don't see the fuzz about geniuses.

sure, they may be skilled, but they're mere mortals.
>>
>>9160592
In writing, what matters is your experience. Read and write a lot and you'll get better. Even writers whose first book was a slam dunk success didn't publish literally the first thing they ever wrote.
>>
Yeah, they're mortals, but so was da Vinci. So is Michael Jordan. If everyone could, with a little work, write verse like Shakespeare, we'd have fifty Shakespeares a century. But we don't. Skill like his is a true rarity. His plays are as astonishing an achievement in language as the great paintings are in art. The difference between competent writers and the greatest writers is vast. And the more you learn about literature, the more inclined you will be to use the word "genius."
>>
You say "reaching their level," as if life was an RPG! Just accumulate enough XP and you too could write the Tragedy of Cymbeline.
>>
>>9161345
Is Cymbeline a tragedy or a romance?
>>
>>9160592
>If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
So yes. In our society people are very uneducated and there is detrimental popular understatement of knowledge.
>>
They just got the low hanging fruit of the field first.

You were simply born too late.
>>
It is just a travesty that that beautiful boy is wasting his youth in an era of shit hairstyles. Shave it all and he'd be perfection.
>>
File: 1486275337444.jpg (54KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
1486275337444.jpg
54KB, 622x621px
>>9162791
>want to write about man being master of his destiny
>spend 5 years agonizing over how to say it in a historical fiction novel
>well-read people: "Lol, are you writing YA fanfiction? This shit is so cliched"
>shelley wants to write about man being master of his destiny
>talks to his friends about it
>they say it sounds like a cool idea
>hammers out first draft over the weekend
>publishes second draft
>world-renowned
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.