[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl with a Pearl Earring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: pearl.jpg (5KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
pearl.jpg
5KB, 207x243px
Can anyone explain how one would think that this girl is praying ?

In french class we are tought that she is praying , but i struggle to see how one would interpret that.
>>
She's praying the prayer of Zeg Wat Doe Jij In Mijn Badkamer Rot Eens Op Jij Schavuit
>>
>>9159950
what ?
>>
>>9160572
He's trying to fool you with Dutch, don't mind my fellow countryman.
>>
>>9159946
shouldnt this be a question you ask in French class? not online?

its a dutch painting not sure why its beign brought up in french class to begin with
>>
>>9159946
why isnt there a fine art board - can we do some visual art posting on /lit/?
>>
>>9160618
Yes, we can.
>>
>>9160616
>its a dutch painting not sure why its beign brought up in french class to begin with
Ah yes. All people should avoid contact with anyone outside of their country at all costs. Sharing cultural knowledge is a plague upon this earth and leads to sin.
you dumb shit, think before you post
>>
>>9160629
rekt
>>
>>9160629
He was saying that perhaps in french class you should discuss french subjects, retard.
>>
>>9160682
No, that's retarded. That's how you get an american education. Especially western europe is particularly intertwined.

Also, in french class, the point is to learn french which means you could talk about fucking sesame street if you wanted to. Eat a fat dick.
>>
>>9160682
Perhaps this Dutch painting or this particular style of artwork has had some sort of an effect of French culture and is therefore relevant to the class, retard.
>>
>>9160707
>>9160711
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>9159946
Consider the historical context and creative/authorial intent of the piece. Maybe the artists goal was to capture the image or relate the "feeling" of a young woman in prayer, but, given the lack of cameras, couldn't just call her name and snap a quick shot at church and so had to construct an approximation of the moment with a model so he could accurately paint it.
>>
File: ff.png (11KB, 498x145px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
11KB, 498x145px
>>9160726
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 957x388px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 957x388px
>>9160726
Nah, it turns out you're just a jackass operating under the belief that cultures exist in their own vacuums which begin and end along national borders.
>>
>>9160735
>>9160740
>pretending this hard
>>
Worst thread on the board.
>>
I dont think she is. I never heard about that theory and the mauritshuis made no mention of it.
T. Dutch
>>
>>9160796
sure thing retard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.