[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation and Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (90KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
90KB, 900x900px
Do you guys ever meditate to help your creativity or writing?
>>
>>9157724
No, never have. But that doesn't sound like a bad idea. How do you meditate, OP?
>>
No, cause I'm not a fucktard who buys into new age crap
>>
>>9157724
I don't "meditate", but I do try to be in a calm and collected mood when writing. This is probably enough. If you need candles or mantras or yoga poses to get focused, then do whatever works for you dog.

I think the big mistake people make about meditation is that it is something special. It's just about getting yourself in the right mood. Conversely, other people make the mistake of thinking meditation is nothing special, and therefore dismiss it.

Don't get caught in either of these traps. If you want to get anything done, try to be calm and focused. This goes for writing as much as auto mechanics or archery or w/e the fuck you're doing.
>>
>>9157732

I like to sit outside with crossed legs and good posture, and I usually start by focusing on my senses for about a minute or so. I observe my surroundings through sight, I feel the wind against my skin, and I smell and listen to my environment. I try to quiet my mind, not actively thinking about anything. I simply be in the present.

Then, I like to close my eyes and observe what it feels like to be alive. I focus my attention to various parts of my body. Through my mind, I feel my breathing. I feel my feet. I feel my heart. I can focus on and feel anything.

This is when I get to the heart of the exercise. At this point, I ignore everything in the past or future and only focus on knowing what is in the moment. We typically go through our busy lives rather quickly and miss the calming nature of the present, so it can be somewhat difficult to find this state of mind where I don't think about any other part of my life. It should feel like complete, unobstructed awareness of the moment.

Once I have this mental blank slate, I find that nature and existence itself seems to communicate with the mind. Without any conscious predispositions, the most surreal and surprising ideas I have hidden away in my brain reveal themselves.

After I've observed my own thoughts and senses for a while, I calmly open my eyes, look around, appreciate my environment, and go have a free write about everything I've just experienced.

Try out different things, since this is a very personal activity, and you will get better at it over time. It might be a good exercise to start trying, and it should only take 5-10 minutes at a time.
>>
>>9157724
Nah, usually walking in nature (even a city park) will do the trick.
I meditate to stay more focused when I study/read tho. My routine is 3 hours of studying-15 minutes of meditation-3 hours of studying. I could do this for days, I usually have to force myself to eat and sleep when I start doing this shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.