[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: michel-houellebecq-quotes-14679.png (10KB, 480x1100px) Image search: [Google]
michel-houellebecq-quotes-14679.png
10KB, 480x1100px
Is he right?
>>
As an American living in Europe, no.
People here seem well-read until you realize all their national classics are simply abridged high school reading material. Most of them have a lot of exposure to politics as children because European families don't talk about anything else, but like Americans they don't really give a shit.

They've just perfected using culture as ornamentation, scraping together what little dilettante interests they have into something they can call being intellectual. There's no social pressure for Americans to do the same so they don't.
>>
>>9156172
>America
redpilled, led by Trump, strong white nationalist surge
>Europe
literal cucks

We're winning even if were dumb
>>
>>9156172
>As an American
opinion discarded
>>
>>9156182
>not realizing that he is not talking about random people
He's addressing your intelligentsia, not your general population.
>>
>>9156172

guess it depends whether you consider Russia part of Europe or not
>>
>>9156182
I'd say that Houellebecq is wrong with his edgy opinions of a 13 year old. You, on the other hand, are the prime reason why people like him get these ideas, my dear pleb.
>>
>>9156210
Not that anon.
That may be true. However, I think its worth noting that Europe has an equally useless learned class, albeit more snobby and politically elite. A bit more classical in that sense.

That said, it still seems like he's addressing the general populace in the quote. And if that's true its a similar story. People are dumb everywhere, but Europeans seem less dumb to Americans, and Europeans also like to think they are less dumb in general.
>>
not at all
>>
>>9156172
First sentence is correct.

Second sentence is just delusional europoor thinking.
>>
>>9156210
That simply seems like a silly thing to say then.
>>
>>9157438
Why?
>>
>>9156182
>all their national classics are simply abridged high school reading material.
???
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-04-01-29-58.png (573KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-04-01-29-58.png
573KB, 1280x720px
>frenchfag
>calling anyone stupid
lmao, is there anything more stupid than giving shelter to people who will bomb your ass? Get a load of this goblin, boyos
>>
"stoopeed ahmehreecahnz" -some fuckin frog
why am i not surprised?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-25-15-56-28.png (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-25-15-56-28.png
180KB, 1280x720px
You should be SUCKING my COCK French faggot bitch. My grandfather died in ww2 to save your pathetic surrendering bitch ass from the nazis that were FUCKING French women. He didn't die so you could hide behind your pathetic European superiority complex and insult your American saviours. If you're so smart, why are Parisians getting blown to bits? Why are dirty foreigners groping your women? Why can't you pay for your own defense, instead of relying on American handouts? Because your a FAGGOT STUPID BITCH, that's why. Americans rebuilt Europe after ww2, we saved you from communism, we have driven almost all economic and scientific and social and technological progress, you should be WORSHIPPING us you pathetic shitskin. European? More like EURO PIECE OF SHIT. This is exactly why people voted for Trump, they are tired of you ungrateful fucking Europeans who suck us dry while condescending to us. NO MORE. You piece of shit faggots, get ready to get SPIT ROASTED by america and Russia in the next world war. The saddest part is, we would be saving you from yourselves, because you can't even protect yourselves from Muslim rape in your own country. I am sick and tired of pussy Europeans talking down to me and pretending their so smart with their queer feminism and wind powered ass fuck machines. I am going to take a trip to France over the summer, I will make sure to grope the ass of every French smelly whore that I can, secure in the knowledge that French men are too pussy to stop me. Get FUCKED.
>>
>>9156182
maybe you had a point before americans elected a functionally illiterate clown
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.