[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why THE fuck-don't we, "talk" about: NORMANMAILER;?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

why THE fuck-don't we, "talk" about: NORMANMAILER;?
>>
because you're making me laugh and i can't breathe
>>
>>9155849
>Mailer was born to a Jewish family in Long Branch, New Jersey

Try a redpill
>>
The Naked and the Dead was the only good thing he wrote.

It was good though
>>
Stretch.
>>
>>9155894
what about the executioners song? harlots ghost and the fight? all I've read was the naked and the dead and it was good but pretty much DUDE WAR IS BAD.
>>
>>9155905
Executioner's Song was fucking tedious, bro. Like what did he even mean by that? Deer Park was good.
>>
File: pic.jpg (40KB, 325x499px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
40KB, 325x499px
i just finished the deer park by him, actually.

pretty good, although the first 50 or so pages dragged a bit. the novel picked up considerably when it started getting into the mccarthyism plotline.

actually it was a bit shocking to see lesbians, homosexuality, the female orgasm, weed, and pimping discussed so much in a book written during the 1950s. although desu it was a little less smutty (the actual sex scenes were pretty vague and unstimulating) than what i was expecting.

also, for a writer who has been pinned as misogynistic i thought esposito was actually a pretty strong female character.
>>
Because words fail him.
>>
Up vote this comment if you made it to the end of Ancient Evenings and now whenever anyone mentions Ancient Egypt you get an erection.
>>
>>9156507
I was grossed out by all the shit eating and ass licking to be desu
mom son stuff was pretty hot though
>>
>>9156029
>tedious
Thank you. I'm a huge Mailer fan but fucking hated Executioner's Song. I heard somewhere that he tried to write it in bad prose on purpose to emphasize how """beautiful""" Gilmore's last letter was. Even if it's true that's a terrible idea.
>>
>>9157177
was the letter beautiful?
>>
>>9157201

I thought Harlot's Ghost was pretty cool
>>
>>9156381
>also, for a writer who has been pinned as misogynistic i thought esposito was actually a pretty strong female character.

"misogynistic" is just an all-purpose stick that feminist critics use to criticise any male writer. It's lost all meaning.
>>
because we'd much rather see him utterly BTFO by McLuhan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzxWR-j1xY
>>
>>9155894
Have you read Harlot's Ghost or The Castle in the Forest?

The Naked and the Dead is the best thing he wrote for sure, but not the only good thing by a stretch.
>>
> the video where the director starts a fight with him so mailer bites a chunk off his ear.

Post it
>>
File: 1434499509724.jpg (59KB, 522x583px) Image search: [Google]
1434499509724.jpg
59KB, 522x583px
>Norman Mailer once punched Vidal at a party after the writer had given him a bad review. Still on the floor, Vidal declared: "Once again, words fail Norman Mailer."

Fuckin' fatality
>>
>>9160810
lmfao
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.