[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys read more than one book at a time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Book Stack.jpg (365KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Book Stack.jpg
365KB, 1600x1600px
Do you guys read more than one book at a time?
>>
>>9154384
No, the people who surround themselves with books, who define themselves by books, never really understand a word inscribed in any of them.

Focus. Read a book. Re-read it again to begin to understand it. Re-read it again so you can understand it.
>>
No. I don't like mixing up my ideas like that.
>>
I usually read three books at the same time.
One in each hand and one laying flat on a table.
I'm trying to figure out if I can incorporate multiple audio-books into the mix for maximum efficiency.
>>
File: 1450499306614.jpg (58KB, 1417x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1450499306614.jpg
58KB, 1417x1134px
>>9154402

>No, the people who surround themselves with books, who define themselves by books, never really understand a word inscribed in any of them.

The intellectual insecurity is palpable. Do you really think all the authors you yourself have enjoyed only ever read one book at a time in their lives? None of them ever read multiple at once in their lives for subjective reasons? This is an impossibility to you, is it?
>>
>>9154552
>t. I start the share pics of your book shelves threads
>>
i only have enough brainspace (BS) for one (one) book at a time.
>>
I can barely cum and stand up at the same time. No.
>>
I read six books at a time. I have two open in front of me on stands, attached to a page-turning contraption controlled by foot-pedals; I read them simultaneously, one with each eye. Concurrently I use each hand to read a separate book in braille, while a pear of headphones plays two audiobooks, one in each ear. Any patrician reader is capable of this skill.
>>
>>9154556

I have never posted pictures of my shelves here and I never plan to. It's not my fault that post triggered you. The truth will do that.
>>
>>9154552
Fuck you.
>>
>>9154384
that's so fucking white trash
>>
>>9154598

>young anon make silly proclamations and don't realize how naive they sound when they do
>you rage at anon who point this out

Okay.
>>
>>9154384
Yeah. Mostly because I can't renew ILL books so I have to drop everything else and read them before they're due.
>>
>>9154402
>Re-read it again

Don't do this unless it's in the Canon
>>
>>9154384
>at most two
I mostly read to and from work on public transport. Some books aren't easily readable on public transport. I might read a novel on the bus and read a textbook at home.
>>
>>9154402
People have differnt learning styles. I learn chaotically and things can't hold my interest for long so I jumb around from place to place until I can find something that grips me to the end.
>>
>>9154570
Fucking rookie
>>
>>9154402
Who taught you how to worship?
>>
i read about more than one book at a time, but usually only actually read one at a time
>>
>>9154384
I do.
But the maximum is three at a time.
I make sure they are not related or similar so I can differentiate between them.
@9154402
t.Baitfag monkey with no concentration skills
>>
>>9154434
>I don't like mixing up my ideas like that.
But anon, noticing patterns in the blending of ideas is an expression of intelligence.
>>
File: 1486482835172.png (318KB, 441x453px) Image search: [Google]
1486482835172.png
318KB, 441x453px
>Reading a book
>It's not as interesting as I thought it would be but it's still one of those books you have to have read once to gain a better understanding of books you prefer
>End up reading dozens of other books, never even looking at the book again

Kill me
>>
>>9154952
Np othat's confusing as fuck mate
>>
>>9154962
this is me and then i have to start over because it's been too long ;____;
>>
>>9154384
I have tried but usually it just means I don't get very far with any of them.
It is best to focus on a single book from beginning to end in a timely and comprehensive manner than to mix them depending on your mood and dragging them all out.
>>
I can read two books at once, at the same time, each eye focuses on a different book independently.
>>
>>9154576
>post a paragraph and reaction image
>haha you're so triggered
>>
>>9154384

No, but I read two or three concurrently
YEEAAAAHHH OWNEDDDDDDDDD
I like having one fiction and one non-fiction title going, and maybe a third if it's different enough that everything won't blur together too much in my long-term memory
>>
I usually two at a time. 1 I read at home and the other I read when I'm out and about, usually on my phone.
>>
>>9157609
me 2.
>>
Yes, I read a lot of books at the same time. Six at the moment.
I don't force things. I start with one, if I get bored I jump to other one for a while and so one until I eventually return to the first one.
I don't impose any order on myself.
>>
>>9154384
One reading book and one physics book at a time.
Except for reading for work. That can be parts of any number of books at once.

You should really focus on one in literature/philosophy and dig into it. I tend to have my path planned 5 books out or so to make sure I'm hitting home the things I'm learning.

The personal physics book changes maybe once every half a year. It's a much slower process.
>>
File: homodefectus.jpg (96KB, 409x600px) Image search: [Google]
homodefectus.jpg
96KB, 409x600px
>>9154384
I usually have a short story collection going at the same time as a novel. The collection gives me a break from the novel if I need it.
>>
>>9154563
underrated
>>
>>9154384
I try to stick to one novel at a time, especially if it is a long one. I always throw in some short stories, poetry etc. though no matter what I'm reading.
>>
Yes. Usually a fiction and non fiction.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.