[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most /lit/ language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: world-map.gif (80KB, 1200x715px) Image search: [Google]
world-map.gif
80KB, 1200x715px
I have to learn a foreign language for a general education requirement at my university, and was curious which would be best to supplement my reading.

I'm considering Russian because I really enjoy their literature but I've already gone through a lot of the famous stuff and have no idea how much I'm really missing having read translations.

What do you guys think?
Thanks for the help
>>
>>9152600
Spanish lit is the greatest literary tradition in the world.
>>
Start with the coptic
>>
>>9152600
You should pick the most obscure language available and then shitpost here about how great the authors writing in it are.
>>
>>9152607
elaborate
>>
>>9152607
You have to go back, Jose
>>
fucking racist map
>>
>>9152619
It was the first google image result, sorry
>>
>>9152611
Spanish literature has been in an uninterrupted evolution since at least 900 years.
The overall quality of the spanish canon is superior to any other language.
>>
>>9152613
Tfw my real name is Paco, kkkkk
>>
>>9152600
Latin
>>
if you're a man then you should study latin as your proud white tradition dictates

if you're a woman you should learn french and greek if you know what I mean
>>
File: 42.jpg (127KB, 700x457px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
127KB, 700x457px
>>9152600
Depends on your motivation. If you're just in it for the gen-ed requirement, take a language closer to English like Spanish or French.

I can't tell you how many students I've seen go into Russian, mostly International Affairs majors for some reason, thinking it'll be a fairly easy class, only to come out with a lower GPA than they could've had if they'd taken a 'simpler' language (and still no closer to being able to read anything even remotely complex).

On the other hand, if you REALLY do want to learn the language, by all means take Russian. Be prepared to do a lot of studying.
>>
French or maybe a germanic language; i 've heard some spoken swedish, and sounds like it has a simillar grammar to english
>>
>>9152600

Depends. For anglophones, euro languages are generally better 'cuz they're easier to learn.

French & German have the most theory, so either of those is good if you're into that stuff.

Probably the right answer is though that you should learn the language that you'll want to bring into your life -- and, ideally, you should have/find opportunities to do so too.

Literature can be /part/ of that -- ask yourself what you'd like to read -- but don't let it be the only thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.