[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, did anyone actually read this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 13069874.jpg (101KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
13069874.jpg
101KB, 313x475px
Now that the dust has settled, did anyone actually read this?
>>
File: 20170224_174819.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_174819.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>9151518
Yeah it's bretty good
>>
>>9151518
no and I don't plan on it either. maybe in 20 years.
>>
My extremely well-read friend has, and he says it's trash and keeps getting messaged by people butthurt by his Goodreads review
>>
>>9151518
Yea. Liked most, couldn't get on with the Lucia Joyce chapter, but overall it's way better than the memes led me to expect. Especially the "Third Borough" bits - not miles off from Pynchon.
>>
>>9151556
Link to review? Yeah, I'm not a Moore fanboy even though I like him in his interviews, I don't think I would read a 1000~ page book based on name value.
>>
>>9151531
>Ian McEwan spotted
pfft
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1758308185
>>
>>9151577
My bad here >>9151609
Not really a good review but I know I can trust his thoughts on literature
>>
I love Moore and Voice of the Fire is a great novel, but I'm not yet ready to commit to 1000+ pages of him. Someday, just not today.

Once Providence concludes I'm excited to read that + Neonomicon, in unrelated Moore news.
>>
>>9151584
Only book I read by him. Nutshell was decent. Idk what any of his other stuff is like you pretentious twit
>>
>>9151518

I haven't but I heard it has a lot of allusions to Northampton. I live about 10 miles away so am considering buying and making a thread to show what those places actually look like.

I know one is the Old Black Lion pub. Some dingy ass pub near the train station.
>>
>>9151609
this is one of the main problems I have with it. It's drowning in redundant descriptions and flowery as fuck prose. He repeats the main message and point of the chapter again and again, yet I'm enjoying the fuck out of it. It's funny and heartfelt, and immersive, but it could have used some heavy editing.
>>
I think it's a meme.
>>
>>9151556
>extremely well read

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>9151518
It's alright. I think Moore was trying to go for some Jodorowsky-Joycean thing which is cool as an idea but wasn't executed very well. Moore is a talented dude and I think he just assumed that because he's good at writing comics it would transfer over to literature which unfortunately wasn't the case.

I wouldn't read it again just for the sheer amount of time it took. The payoff isn't that great and the ideas aren't new or particularly interesting which are what's important for me. Fun, new, interesting -- pick one or more.
>>
>>9152305
extreme motherfucker
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.