[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one judge free verse? Take these two for example. >The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: F0YSsc1.jpg (12KB, 214x248px) Image search: [Google]
F0YSsc1.jpg
12KB, 214x248px
How does one judge free verse? Take these two for example.

>The tulips are too excitable, it is winter here.
>Look how white everything is, how quiet, how snowed-in.
>I am learning peacefulness, lying by myself quietly
>As the light lies on these white walls, this bed, these hands.
>I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions.
>I have given my name and my day-clothes up to the nurses
>And my history to the anesthetist and my body to surgeons.

And

>In a world where natural tendency
>Antemptation is feared
>But hatred and ignorance
>Make us comfortable
>We that love and we that see
>Are crushed by responsibility.

The first one would almost be judged as the better, but how does one assess both of their aesthetic value?

>inb4 read more poetry
I've never read much free verse much apologies
>>
How to handle free verse, a practical guide
Step 1. Put it in a garbage bin
Step 2. Light in on fire
Step 3. Read poetry that has meter
>>
>>9150198
>How does one judge free verse?

Did you enjoy reading it and thinking about it?

There's your fucking standard of judgement. Jesus, does everyone need to be told how to feel about everything these days? You are the standard by which it is judged. The thoughts happening in your mind and the feelings in your body.
>>
>>9150198
Such confessions reveal postmodernism's wholesale abnegation of the creative will of modernism. Further, they are neither as disingenuous nor, in fact, as polemical as they sound. For, in context, they represent, not simply a particular attitude to art making, but a thoroughgoing and, I believe, unparalleled interrogation of process itself. And that's not so surprising. For a sense of measure whose observations are participations, whose descriptions are enactments, is bound to be more attentive to process than product, to means than ends. The extraordinary formal variety of postmodern art is the direct result of a discovery of a whole range of processes that pre-empt conscious purpose and give open entry to the circumstances and materials of art making.
>>
>>9150248
In case this isn't a meme, I get the crux of your message. Thanks.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.