[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got tips on improving reading speed and comprehension?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 81d2PA0PhaL.jpg (457KB, 1560x1737px) Image search: [Google]
81d2PA0PhaL.jpg
457KB, 1560x1737px
Anyone got tips on improving reading speed and comprehension?
I have a few difficult books I want to go through and they're usually very long winded.
Book pictured is The Gulag Archipelago, an account of those imprisoned in Soviet Russia under Stalin. (This is difficult to read but in a different way, the "wanting to kill yourself" way)
>>
>>9150118
The best way to do it is read every day, and then explain to someone what you just read.

Even if you just start by reading 5 pages a day, you'll gain traction quickly.

If you find yourself losing focus, stop reading and go do something that causes you greater discomfort, like pushups or talking to you mother, and then return to your book ASAP and continue reading. Also, bring a hi-lighter to save your favourite lines and share them here after.
>>
File: happy Stalin.jpg (124KB, 625x990px) Image search: [Google]
happy Stalin.jpg
124KB, 625x990px
>>9150118
You could try being sent to Gulag.
>>
8 years strogocha))))))
>>
File: Jordan_on_the_beach.jpg (135KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Jordan_on_the_beach.jpg
135KB, 640x640px
SORT YOURSELF OUT
MARSHALL YOUR ARGUMENTS
DIVE INTO CHAOS AND EMERGE WITH A GOLDEN ORB
SOLZHENITSYN[\spoiler]
>>
>>9150473
Thanks, that's a great tip!

>>9150670
The man himself, the reason I'm reading all these things.
>>
Is this book actually depressing? Planning on reading it in jail.
>>
>>9151195
it isn't because Solzhenitsyn is not a nihilist POS like most modern authors
>>
I have the first two volumes of this in my pile. Ive read one of his novels before and a few pages here and there.

Solzhenitsyn is very readable desu and not hard at all.
>>
>>9151195
It's depressing if you can't stand witnessing the suffering of others, I tried listening to it on the way to and from work every day, shit sucked the energy out of me. The book is given very factually though, if that's any help.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>ywn be sent to gulag and write Stalin a heart-warming birthday letter
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.