[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help my characters /lit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1487538898714m.jpg (173KB, 1024x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1487538898714m.jpg
173KB, 1024x1002px
Looking for some spit balling to help shape my characters in what I've been writing. I'm very much trying to keep them from becoming John/Jane Does so if you have any tips on how to keep me away from that please let me know.

Without going to far into the plot, the MC is a knight who is on a quest to retrieve his King's ruling essence, of which the Queen stole. The MC has to kill the Queen and take that essence back (though he himself becomes corrupted by it soooo).

Something that I've been trying to go for with the MC is, yes, chivalrous though manly so to his King. He can and does self indulge though he mainly sticks to his duty as a knight. However, in finding out that his King might not live anyway, that he's too far gone and his quest is in vain, he starts to doubt himself, his King, and his hopes for killing the Queen.

The Queen, while the main antagonist, I don't want to make inherently evil. She's very much a maternal figure but with a rough outer shell. She herself wants to rule, though she hasn't the power to do it so it will ultimately fail and she knows that but with the essence she stole from the kill she's still driven towards said goal. I want her to very much carry on with the air of, "I only want what's best for you." Sort of manipulative but also you know she's doing it from the heart. Kind of like Kathy Bates from Misery or Yukako from Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (more of a anime nerd than a book worm).

Help would be much appreciated in crafting these characters but I'm all for spitballing ideas.
>>
>>9149649
You're coming across as "a bit much" there pardner, infer whatever you want from that
>>
>>9149649
>his King's ruling essence, of which the Queen stole.

wat
>>
>>9149649
What do you mean by "essence"? Like, is it a former of energy, or....

Why does the essence corrupt the MC?

Concerning characters, who else helps or hinders the MC? And why is it bad that the Queen has the essence? Is she a bad ruler? Why should we root for the King?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.