[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: zizek.jpg (231KB, 510x783px) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
231KB, 510x783px
What am I in for?
>>
>>9149228
sniff, snaff IDEOLOGY
>>
>>9149228
Yeah I'm interested in this question too.

Is Zizek actually any good? Worth reading at all?
>>
>>9149241
I'm having fun with the preface desu
>>
>>9149241

If you're into post-Marxist/psychoanalytic readings of culture and politics, then yeah, he's worth reading.
>>
>>9149228
I read the first half and dropped it. there's lots of interesting ideas in it, but it's also kind of all over the place. just like you would expect, I suppose. outer space journey.

do you know your Lacan, anon? the part where he really gets into psychoanalysis is going to be absolutely unintelligible if not, I'm afraid.
>>
>>9149228
*Sniff*
>>
There's an amazing 30-page essay in there, except it's spread out randomly with 250 pages of nonsense in-between.
>>
>Custom is the whole of equity for the sole reason that it is accepted. That is the mystic basis of its authority. Anyone who tries to bring it back to its first principle destroys it.' [Pascal, Pensees]

>The only real obedience, then, is an 'external' one: obedience out of conviction is not real obedience because it is already 'mediated' through our subjectivity - that is, we are not really obeying the authority but simply following our judgement, which tells us that the authority deserves to be obeyed in so far as it is good, wise, beneficent ... Even more than for our relation to 'external' social authority, this inversion applies to our obedience to the internal authority of belief it was Kierkegaard who wrote that to believe in Christ because we consider him wise and good is a dreadful blasphemy - it is, on the contrary, only the act of belief itself which can give us an insight into his goodness and wisdom.

>What is 'repressed' then, is not some obscure origin of the Law but the very fact that the Law is not to be accepted as true, only as necessary - the fact that its authority is without truth.

>...Pascal's final answer, then, is: leave rational argumentation and submit yourself simply to ideological ritual, stupefy yourself by repeating the meaningless gestures, act as if you already believe, and the belief will come by itself.

>Far from being limited to Catholicism, such a procedure for obtaining ideological conversion has universal application, which is why, in a certain epoch, it was very popular among French Communists. The Marxist version of the theme of , wager' tuns as follows: the bourgeois intellectual has his hands tied and his lips sealed. Apparently he is free, bound only to the argument of his reason, but in reality he is permeated by bourgeois prejudices. These prejudices do not let him go, so he cannot believe in the sense of history, in the historical mission of the working class.
>>
>>9150958
Seems fairly lucid, honestly.
>>
>>9150958
Seems pretty good
>>
>>9149228
An explanation of Laclau's ideas, some jokes, a lot of Lacan shit you don't know about with some concepts he doesn't define at first (he would do it a long the book) and finally a Kant-Hegel confrontation about sublime.
>>
>>9151644
kek'd
>>
>>9150958
>>9150967
>>9151091
cultural marxism Hegelian dialectic at it's finest. None of this makes any sense. Unfalsifiable obscurantist pseudo shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.