[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

? use your literary observational skills and prime philosophers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1487899335615.png (482KB, 883x905px) Image search: [Google]
1487899335615.png
482KB, 883x905px
? use your literary observational skills and prime philosophers to solve
>>
"a randomrandom number between zero and one"
*assume only integers*
only integers between zero and one are [0, 1]
highest number = 1
> if first nuimber that comes up is 1, hold
> if get 0, press button for 1, hold

both have 1 has highest number
prize money split 50/50
no need to rechoose numbers
both players reassign gender as male
walk off studio premises

~ the end~
>>
>>9149127
0.5 seems like the obvious answer which means it's probably wrong, but I'll submit it anyway.
>>
>>9149145
Lol
>>
>>9149261
0.5 is wrong.
There is a probability of .25 that your opponent ends up with a number less than .5.
1/2(chance of less than .5 first time) * 1/2 (chance of 1/2 second time) = .25

So if you stop at .5 you have a 25% chance of winning with .5. My intuition tells you want to maximize your chance of winning, although I don't know how you would do it someone better at math pick up where I left off if you can understand my incoherent ramblings.
>>
>>9149127
>they into

Stopped right there.
>>
>>9149127
0 is the only acceptable time to press again since it is not possible that your opponent can be lower
>>
>>9149222
>>9149683
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=real+numbers
>>
>>9149710
What the fuck are you googling for us you tard I solved ur shitty puzzle get over it.
>>
>>9149145
Biology doesn't have a lot to do with what transgenderists are all about. They just want to act like the other gender. The way you act isn't absolutely linked to your genitals. Biologists don't have a lot to say about gender roles.
>>
>>9149823
So they are just crazy?
>>
>>9149847
No it's a perfectly natural thing, they were exposed to chemicals in the womb
t. Sociologist
>>
>>9149847
>crazy

"Crazy" in regards to this is simply a matter of values. It's not necessarily crazy to want to act differently from what people tell you should behave like.

It probably has a lot to do with modelling behaviours from a young age.

It's certainly (currently) socially transgressive and deviant (which often people think are caused by mental illness)

Transgenderism isn't necessarily mental illness, but sexual dysphoria (desiring to change sex) definitely is.
>>
>>9149145
top kek
>>
Say first person would reroll under 0.5. So average = (0.75)/2 + (0.5)/2 = 0.625
Second person reasons this and rerolls under 0.625. Average = (0.8125)/2+(0.5)/2 = 0.65625
First person reasons this, rerolls under that average, etc. Average approaches 2/3. Each player rerolls under 2/3.
>>
>>9151346
But the rolls are independent so the calculation of the average roll is still .5
>>
If you roll 0.5, you have an equal probability of getting a higher or lower number. If you're above 0.5, if you reroll is it more likely you will get a lower number and vice versa.

If you want to maximize your chances, my guess is that you don't reroll if you have a value above 0.5 because you are more likely to get a smaller number in return. All you can really do here is maximize your own number.
>>
>>9151514
There is litterally an infinite array of numbers between 0 and 1. If I have .4 theres an approaching 100% chance my opponent is higher and an approaching 100% chance my opponent is lower. It doesn't change no matter what your number is. Unless you roll 0, in which case there is a 0% chance your opponent is lower, so it is the only time you should reroll.
>>
>>9151784
>There is litterally an infinite array of numbers between 0 and 1

This doesn't matter shit, you dumb negroid. Minimum and maximum points have been defined as is.
>>
>>9149823
>Biologists don't have a lot to say about mental illness and brain damage
Dumbo.
>>
>>9149393
>There is a probability of .25 that your opponent ends up with a number less than .5.
Independent events?
>>
>>9151346
This me, I did math wrong
Reasoning the same though.
Rerolling under 0.5: average = (1+0.5)/2 * (1-0.5) + 0.5*0.5 = 0.625
Rerolling under 0.5: average = (1+0.625)/2 * (1-0.625) + 0.5*625 = 0.61719
It approaches golden ratio - 1 or 0.618034
So they'd reroll under that
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.