[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Bore Yourself to Death and Kill Yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1474743516129.jpg (35KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
1474743516129.jpg
35KB, 219x300px
I don't think this is the book I'm looking for. Mr. Carnegie just rambles and jerks off too much. It also seems targeted towards those who are already well socially adjusted.

I just want to learn how to stop being autistic. Suggestions?
>>
just be yourself
>>
>>9148235
I thought you were talking about this.
>>
Yeah that book is horeshit in a lot of ways.

"A man came to me who was failing in life. He followed my advice and made an effort to remember people's names. Now he's the CEO of BP."

Nevertheless, he's absolutely right about the importance of remembering people's names. The book has good advice, but you only need to read the chapter headings.

Best way to stop being autistic is literally to be yourself in all your autistic splendor and then by deduction stop doing the things which impact negatively on you. Only way to discover what those traits are is to do them and suffer the negative impact.
>>
Friendly reminder that ambition is a lie, and that if you need to manipulate people A.K.A """"""network"""""" to get what you want, what you want is wrong.
>>
>I just want to learn how to stop being autistic. Suggestions?
read more fiction
>>
>>9148374
Dunno, man. Some of the most autistic people I know are those who read fiction.
>>
>>9148235
Idgi a lot of that advice is really sensible. Granted if you go all weird and heavyhanded then yeah people aren't gonna like that but the idea of yeah use people's names, be excited and genuinely interested, whatever, that's... just very obvious albeit good advice?
>>
>>9148371
Here are the words of a loser, folks, who redefines success in order to avoid facing his own failures. Don't be like him.
>>
>>9148235
How can you kill yourself after you've already bored yourself to death?
>>
>>9148424
The use of the word "and" instead of "then" implies the two events are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
>>
>>9148391
that seems very unlikely, unless they only read genre fiction
>>
>>9148435
The word should be 'or' then
>>
>>9148437
Not everything is as it seems.
>>
>>9148411
Justify lying
>>
>>9148477
If there is a killer hunting down a friend of yours, and that killer asks you where he lives, would you tell the killer where your friend lives, for the sake of honesty? :^)
>>
>>9148494
>implying I have friends
>>
>>9148311
A little anecdote always helps your memory, but not if it's written like a fucking door salesman talking about his shitty vacuum cleaners.
>>
https://goinswriter.com/broken-networking/

After reading that book I found goins advice to be more practical. I think the main point is that people just sort of throw themselves into relationships and hope it goes well without a plan or approach to garner attention and care from the other person. It's like going up to a random guy and asking him for money, everyone would think you're an idiot, why should he give you anything? Do something for him first.
If you're not even at the stage where you can actually talk to people you need to practice. From a psychological perspective, you're reinforcing anxiety about relationships and putting far too much stress on something that requires you to act in good faith and be in someone's presence long enough to show how not retarded and trustworthy you are.
Dale's book main point is having a clear intent and acting on that intent while dealing with people. Genuine caring for what they do is probably something he found morally attractive, the truth is that you need to show your worth to a person and what you can do for them.
Goins and a lot of those self-help types these days talk about making a 'tribe' where everyone jerks everyone off and promotes everyone else's work, and it seems to have done rather well for them.
If it can work in business, I think it could probably work doubly well with normal relationships. However, that doesn't forgo acquiring and practicing how to behave properly in conversation to pass people's tests long enough so you can get to know them.

This is from an autist who read that book to gain insight into how to deal with people. I have pretty shit empathy, so it's extremely difficult for me to handle relationships so I gave up on trying to talk to people, too much of a hassle. You don't have to make the same choice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.