[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should literature be saying at a time like this? What is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sartre.jpg (16KB, 340x297px) Image search: [Google]
sartre.jpg
16KB, 340x297px
What should literature be saying at a time like this? What is an aspiring writer's responsibility toward the current political, sociological and economical climate? Is there any point to works of fiction anymore?
>>
>>9147765
I'm not so sure it can be said that once there was a point to fiction but not anymore. Either there was always a point or there was never a point.
>>
>>9147765
Two things

>Individuality was a mistake
>Get away from that internet, I'm cuttin' it down
>>
>>9147951
>what can a writer say of these times?
>FUCK THESE TIMES I WANNA GO BACK!

Pathetic.
>>
>>9147765
>aspiring writer's responsibility toward the current political, sociological and economical climate
you don't deserve fiction
>>
>>9147765
They should say things that make my peepee hard and make hot cummins go through it fast.
>>
The best literature of today will do what the greatest literature of the past has always done and will continue to do, that is, bestow truth, beauty, and wisdom to attentive readers. It will make us more aware of where we are and who we're with, and maybe it will make us less willing to hurt each other. I don't accept the premise that literature 'should' say anything, or that a writer has political responsibilities, if anything the presence of ideological bias spoils a work of art and turns it into a piece of propaganda. I agree with what Hamlet says, which is that the purpose of art is to hold the mirror up to nature, show virtue her own feature, scorn her own image, and the very age and body of the time his form and pressure.
>>
>>9148195
This n shit.
>>
>>9147813
>it's one or the other
Some fiction has a point and some doesn't its always been like this
>>
>>9148195
Go to bed peterson
>>
writers have no social responsibility you dumb french faggot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.