[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chekhov thread for Chekhov related discussion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 123124125.jpg (161KB, 789x1200px) Image search: [Google]
123124125.jpg
161KB, 789x1200px
Chekhov thread for Chekhov related discussion.
>>
The Black Monk is the best short story
>>
>>9146764
http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/Bet.shtml

>>9146776
http://www.eldritchpress.org/ac/blackmonk.htm
>>
>>9146776
I rather like Gooseberries. Of the plays, Vanya. Back, when reading him, I thought Cherry Orchard a vast paring down of Three Sisters, which needed just that. His writing doesn't depress me, but, when I consider the life of this incredibly worthy human being, I get depressed. Generally, I avoid him.
>>
Was Nina a ghost in the last act of The Seagull?
>>
Why are there so many assorted collections of his works? I've found three already claiming to be the "best" or the "essential." Never had this problem with other authors- he must have been prolific.
>>
>>9149000
over 500 short stories IIRC

i love chekhov. the short stories feel like a slice of life, while having moments of profundity, as well as being ambiguous. he is as good an observer of people as tolstoy, but more selective. it feels like his stories don't waste words. he writes universally, so we recognise and empathise with the people he writes about.

the lady and the dog embodies all my praise for chekhov.
>>
Checkov my dubs haha lol
>>
>>9146764
What story do you think best shows him as a realist?
>>
>>9149216
The Lady with the Dog
>>
>>9149216
The Huntsman. It's 3 pages but I think it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>9148389
/thread
>>
>>9146764
I enjoyed The Steppe. Not much happens. It's just a young kid's first journey to boarding school across the Steppe. But you meet some interesting characters along the way and there interesting insights into a variety of them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.