[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Secular Humanism worth reading into or is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (3KB, 251x43px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 251x43px
Is Secular Humanism worth reading into or is it just a meme?
>>
>>9142902
No, to get big boy points on 4chan you need to be either a redpiller or a Catholic (on /lit/ at least).

We are too consumed with hatred and bitterness to buy the humanism meme
>>
It's pretty much a meme
>>
>>9142907
>>9143440
Lit hates it, therefore yes you should read up on it and consider it a valuable option.
>>
You can be a "pessimistic" secular humanist and it won't be such a meme
>>
>>9142907
>>9143440
>>9143450
Do you guys not understand what memes are? Just because something is a cultural hand-me-down doesn't automatically make it invalid. Probably the opposite.

Fucking hell, why do I waste so much time on a website I can't stand!?
>>
>>9142902
>The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making.

Sounds okay on the tin though tbf it's all ideology, the meme Ham Sarris is a Secular humanist
>>
>>9143458
>cultural hand-me-down

That's the formal definition of a meme though

We're creating our own lingo and modes of inherent understanding here
>>
>>9143458
Maymays have no truth value anon. Only dips think that way.
>>
File: 2343242343242.png (297KB, 479x376px) Image search: [Google]
2343242343242.png
297KB, 479x376px
>>9142902
>secular anything as the basis for a moral system
>>
>>9143464
Please tell me how you are using it differently, because hand-me-down can also be that you got it from someone else on the internet. Why would an idea inspired from someone else automatically be less valid?

>>9143465
Everything major ideology is a fucking meme, you moron. Don't read books, don't ever say anything you have ever heard to another person ever or you've done been meme'd my friend.

Hey I think I'll check out humanism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out conservativism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out relativism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out postmodernism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out modernism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out metaphilolinguisticulturalinheribiosociomarxoanarchivism
>ultra meme'd

I mean, why even try to have a discussion here at this point?
>>
>>9143464
This. Meme is just a catch all deriding adjectival noun. Meme game, meme author, meme philosophy. Etc.
>>
>>9143499
OK, so you are literally using the word meme with the same level of meaning as cunt and dick and pisshead?

That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>9143483
whew lad calm down
>>
>>9143523
Don't tell me which direction to calm in ever again.
>>
>>9143545
Clam up. Heh. heh-heh-hehhh..
>>
>>9142902
It's worse than a meme! It's redundant.
>>
>>9143512
Its more nuanced than that, but yes close.
>>
>>9143993
How is it nuanced? So it means that it's being propagated despite being not genuinely valuable?
>>
Lol, it's nothing compared to phenomenology and psychoanalysis.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (16KB, 451x326px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
16KB, 451x326px
>>9145037
I want to check out reducing our experience to the present moment!
>that's a meme'd
I want to examine the aspects of my mind that I am normally unaware of, particularly the structures set in place when I was a kid, and make them conscious!
>that's a meme'd
>meme'd
>meme'd
>meme'd
>meme'd

Your meme'd kid. I don't need to offer any other argument. You just got meme'd hardcore. Annoyed at me? Oh you better believe that's a meme'd.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.