[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does reading actually help you live a better life, make you a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: gettyimages-475596115.jpg (764KB, 635x391px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-475596115.jpg
764KB, 635x391px
Does reading actually help you live a better life, make you a better person? I'm asking because so far it seems like no amount of the greeks or the romans, or pretty much anything will actually stop me being afraid of life, not being able to make decisions, and most of all, know what the fuck I'm supposed to do.

What has your experience been with this?
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>9142641
I already have.
>>
>>9142637
what is something you're genuinely interested in? whenever you reach a point where you're content w/ what you're studying, study what interests you. You're probably young so that might take some time to figure out. For me it's reading about my ancestors and their way of life, and its very fulfilling. Good luck (OP).
>>
>>9142637
>Does reading actually help you live a better life, make you a better person?

yep

Just got to keep reading, you'll get used to it.
>>
It does, but you have to have practical experience too. Read a hundred books about judo techniques and proper execution, but you'll still get thrown immediately when you try for the first time.

Actually do judo and you'll get better at judo quicker. Add reading to that, and you'll get very good very quickly.

life's the same, so is everything
>>
Reading is different from understanding.
>>
File: quadripod01.jpg (60KB, 1161x646px) Image search: [Google]
quadripod01.jpg
60KB, 1161x646px
>>9142637
>>
>>9144936
What did he mean by this.
>>
>>9142637
Reading something != internalizing what was read. If you actually acted on the wisdom of say, Plato, your life would be quite different.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.