[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just finished this book. Is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: PridePrejudice.jpg (24KB, 423x630px) Image search: [Google]
PridePrejudice.jpg
24KB, 423x630px
I've just finished this book. Is it good?
>>
>>9140538
Yes, very.

To quote my friend Vladimir Nabokov, pedophile extraordinaire:
>'Austen. Jane. Great.

Now go read Mansfield Park
>>
>>9140538
It's one of the masterpieces of the English language. But it isn't her best.
>>
>>9140538
You've just finished it; tell us.
>>
>>9140559
which one is her best, anon?
>>
>>9140562
This is the only correct answer, what the fuck OP? Are you so much of a plebian you rely on an anonymous Mongolian throat-singing board to spoonfeed you your opinion of books you just read?
>>
>>9140584
Yes
>>
>>9140620
kys
>>
>>9140623
I have some redpilled friends who said she was utter trash for feminists. Just wanted /lit/'s perspective. Evidently this place is full of numale cucks
>>
>>9140628
Your friends are plebs and so are you.

Jane Austen has been recognised as one of the greats by both men and women alike since the Romantic era. She basically invented many common techniques of the novel which are still prevalent today (free indirect style), had the capacity for biting social satire, parody, great parochial realism, and, dare I say it, a bit of romance.
>>
>>9140657
Before Austen: Dante, Homer, Milton, Shakespeare

After Austen: JK Rowling, GRR Martin, Stephen King

She ruined literature. Take the redpill
>>
>>9140668
this is a troll right?
>>
>>9140584
newfags

>>9140620
This is not OP btw but I agree with it.
>>
>>9140668
Pride and Prejudice is from 1813, dude. You could make a case that Joyce was more harmful.
>>
>>9140708
I was memeing, lad. I want to suck her asshole
>>
>>9140668
Before Austen: cave paintings, cuneiform tablets with tallies marking the number of chickens sold, hieroglyphics

After Austen: Joyce, Nabokov, Kafka

Jane basically invented literature
>>
Haven't read it yet, but Emma was pretty good and Persuasion is one of my favorite novels so far
>>
>>9140729
Nice try
>>
>>9140739

Interesting. I thought Emma was GOAT whilst Persuasion was the only Austen that I didn't enjoy much.
>>
>>9140538

Jane Austen is great. Hilarious. Her books are some of my favs
>>
>>9140538
If you just finished it, shouldn't you know if its good or not? Or do you need other people to make your opinions for you? In that case why even bother if you can't make a simple statement or thought by yourself?
>>
I quite enjoyed it, but in comparison to Emma or Northanger Abbey, it's definitely not her best work.
In hindsight Austen herself even admitted, that it was 'too light and bright and sparkling'
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.