[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be sued by a family member (your mother) if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hansfallada.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
hansfallada.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
Is it possible to be sued by a family member (your mother) if you refuse to delete any mentions of them (around 100,000 words worth of content) in your memoir?

Also, if you are unemployed and are technically in debt, would you be sent to prison if you can't pay said family member, or would that family member ironically have to serve as guarantor and pay themselves any damages?
>>
The fuck am I reading.
>>
The fuck am I reading.
>>
If it's libelous they can sue you. I don't think there's any law against insulting your own mother, although there should be.
>>
I didn't know Ignatius Reily was on /lit/
>>
>>9140436
>I don't think there's any law against insulting your own mother, although there should be.
mother's shouldn't be exempt if they're assholes.
>>
>>9140432
>>9140434
Basically my mommy went in my room as I was taking a walk late last night and discovered a stack of pages from my memoir that I'm currently editing. She was waiting downstairs when I got back and started shouting at me wanting to know what I was up to and why I was writing about her. I told her about my memoir and its literary merit and the fact that it is very likely to make me something of a voice for what might be called my "generation" (I don't like that phrase either, but I can't help what the reviewers say). She didn't appear to comprehend what I was saying and insisted again that I remove any mention of her. When I again refused and (as has become my tactic on such occasions) rushed to my bedroom and sat behind the door to prevent her from forcing entry, she shouted that she would sue me if she ever saw a book published with her name in it. I mean, she isn't a reader and only reads very few books that I occasionally shame her into reading (I had to follow her around the house reading aloud from 'Stoner' until she agreed to read it independently) so I'd be surprised if she ever did find out I'd written so much about her. I anticipate the reaction to my book will be intense and international and that even individuals like my mother will learn about me and, consequently, herself.
>>
your mother brought you into this world you ungrateful shit
>>
>>9140436
>my mom was a good person therefore everyone else should unconditionally love their abusive mothers
>>
>>9140443
10/10
>>
>>9140446
Sure, that's a great thing. But they can certainly affect you negatively after that, either with neglect or being overly protective.
>>
>>9140436
So are you a woman or an "honor thy father and mother" christfag?

>>9140443
>it is very likely to make me something of a voice for what might be called my "generation" (I don't like that phrase either, but I can't help what the reviewers say).
>I anticipate the reaction to my book will be intense and international
wew lad
>>
>>9140439
/lit/ and /r9k/ crossposter
>>
>>9140443
Are you fourteen years old? Publishing it on deviantArt or Fanfiction.net?

Either way, just make up an alias for her.
>>
>>9140443
If she sues you it will only garner attention. Look at Milo.

I think you should make up some complex sexual fetishes she forced on you at an early age, it falls well within artistic prerogative.
>>
>>9140824
>an alias

I've considered find+replacing her name, but if I do that I'll have to do the same thing for everybody else in the book, which will take a lot of time and I intuit that this will reduce the quality of the work as a whole somehow.
>>
>>9140443
>mother still alive
>writing a memoir

Wow, you've achieved so much so young.

3intimidating5me.
>>
File: retard.jpg (68KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
68KB, 884x800px
>>9140824
>making up an alias for your mother

She'd still be identifiable as your mother, unless you provide no context about her whatsoever.
>>
>>9140876
I think there might be a :change all cases: option

Find: Mom
Change to: Cynthia
All cases: Yes

Good bait though regardless
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.