[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good books about serial killers? Other than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1482883230345.jpg (189KB, 815x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1482883230345.jpg
189KB, 815x1350px
Are there any good books about serial killers? Other than the obvious ones like American Psycho or some shit.
>>
>>9140217
It pretty obvious also but have you read hannibal trilogy ? Good stuff.
>>
Carl Panzram a crazy serial killer/rapist in the 20s wrote an autobiography that is p gud.
>>
Slightly related, about to start Child of God, how early does the corpse fucking start?
>>
>>9140260
I haven't read it but I reckon: while it's still warm.
>>
>>9140234
How do the books hold up to the series? Because goddamn, the series was fucking excellent. Will I be disappointed?
>>
>>9140282
>while it's still warm
that sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
>>
>>9140217
Let me post damn it
Perfume: the story of a murderer.
google it
>>
>>
>>9140480
God, I had to read that for school. Then we had to watch the movie.
I hated it. Goddamn, I hated it.
>>
>>9140406
I can confirm. Hannibal trilogy is good stuff.
>>
>>
fiction or nonfiction? there's all kinds of true crime schlock out there on the shelves of every bookstore.
>>
>>9140689
I'm talking about the tv show
>>
>>9140217
Zombie by Choice Caroll Oates stuck with me.
>>
>>9140869
http://www.cusd200.org/cms/lib7/IL01001538/Centricity/Domain/361/oates_going.pdf

for you anon, my only friend
>>
>>9140833
And he's talking about the books... You know, because /lit/ and all that.
>>
>>9140869
>based on the life of Jeffrey Dahmer

>Many of Dahmer's victims killed in 1991 had holes bored into their skulls through which Dahmer injected muriatic acid or, later, boiling water, directly into the brain[231] in an attempt to render a permanent, submissive, unresistant state. On at least three occasions, this proved fatal although on none of these occasions was this Dahmer's intention.

Holy hell.
>>
>>9140217
The Slaughter King by Simon Whitechapel, not sure if you'd call it good though, thought it was a bit pseud, like it was trying to be all high brow but its about lesbians hunting down a serial killer, it has some good bits though but I thought it was disappointing, you might as well try it though
>>
Goddamn 4chan not letting me post yesterday.

Thanks for the recs fellas.

>>9140234
Funnily enough I've never even considered reading those books. I love the film Silence of the Lambs but I've never even thought much about the books until now.
>>
The Part About the Killings
>>
>>9140234
>>9140406
>>9142358
Red Dragon 1/5
Silence of the Lambs 3/5
Hannibal 1/5

I recommend: The Cleaner (by Paul Cleave) 4/5
>>
>>9140980
great reading comprehension there, slick.
and I'm asking if the books are anything like the tv show or if, after having enjoyed the tv show, the books are just going to disappoint.
>>
>>9142458
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>9140869
Yes I remember this as well. Read this, OP.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.