[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Movie Novelizations better than the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0044.jpg (60KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
60KB, 310x500px
Anyone ever read a movie novel that ended up being better than the movie itself?

>pic very much related. Almost done with Retribution by John Shirley. Didn't realize until later that almost all 6 Resident Evil films have a film novelizations. Thought I'd give them a go and there actually pretty good. Extinction has been the best so far.
>>
File: 1486741543820.jpg (79KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486741543820.jpg
79KB, 800x450px
>>9139547
>resident evil movies
>resident evil movies novelizations
nigga
stop
fucking stop
rethink what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>9139561
That's my fucking point anon.

>They ain't that bad
>>
I was pleasantly surprised by 'Rain Man', the novella.
>>
>>9140183
Anything in the novella that was humorous or made you laugh? I like humor in my novels.
>>
>>9140372
It was more touching than anything, so it might not appeal to your own particular tastes. I had Dustin Hoffman's eponymous portrayal of Raymond Babbitt in my head as I was reading it.
>>
I really like the stargate novels, but I read those when I was a kid, so maybe there's nostalgia playing into it too. There are some good alien vs predator novelizations too.
>>
>>9139547
I have to ask what makes these books readable to you.
>>
The revenge of the sith novelization was pretty good. Made the plot make more sense and fleshed out the characters, especially Anakin.
>>
The revenge of the sith novelization was pretty good. The plot made a lot more sense in it.
>>
>>9140469
>>9140470
Fuck is there a conspiracy ? I came to this thread to post this.
>>
File: 1482934533260.jpg (47KB, 576x589px) Image search: [Google]
1482934533260.jpg
47KB, 576x589px
>Anon is deep into his third read of the novelization of a sequel of a movie adaptation of a video game
>Meanwhile his untouched copy of War and Peace gathers more dust
>>
American Psycho
Fightclub
2001, not by much
Bladerunner (theatre cut, the rest are shit)

And then you have master trilogy, each one one as good as the next one:
Heart of Darkness - Apocalypse Now - Spec Ops: The Line
>>
Dead Poets Society was decent a decent novelization
>>
My MLP fanfics
>>
File: 1486738981822.jpg (15KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1486738981822.jpg
15KB, 474x474px
>>9140734
I don't think you understand the question. He's asking about books based on movies, not books that movies are based on.
>>
File: WIN_20170222_18_48_13_Pro.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170222_18_48_13_Pro.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>9139547
I enjoyed the novelizations as well, sometimes they were better than the the Apocalypse novel taking the mick out of that guys line 'Your Evolution, not mutation' but having a character think/ say there the same thing asshole , there wasn't one of Afterlife was there?
>>
>>9140422
>the extended storylines and subplots
>comprehensible plot and story
>Is written in a way that its more for the older reader and not for a child.

Dude I like some of the books. Bite me in the ass for it, like I really give a shit. at least im taking pleasure in what im reading.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.